MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

White bass in Georgia

mmcneil

The white bass have started there spawning run out of the lakes and up the rivers. Should be pretty good fishing for a few weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_0821.jpg
    IMG_0821.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0813.jpg
    IMG_0813.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 139
Nice haul!

They do give a really good pull for their size, one of my favorite fish to catch, and eat. They eat good but tend to have a lot of red flesh along the lateral line and that part doesn't freeze well. So that part should be trimmed off any that get frozen, at least that's been my experience.

Nice!
I don't have alot of luck with white bass, just a few here and there, but have caught a few crappie last week and yesterday afternoon.

I don't mind the red meat when they are fresh. If you have to freeze them you definitely want to remove it, so we generally only keep enough to eat fresh. Pound for pound they are one of the strongest fighting fish in the river.

That do fight pound for pound as hard as any fish out there. Sadly in our lake here the population plummeted several years ago for unknown reasons. The Vdgif is attempting to restock and build the population back up. I sure miss the annual run by my house. Use to be an absolute blast....

Very nice! There are a few reservoirs/rivers north of me that are supposed to have white bass, but I've never fished for them. I need to change that...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back