Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Nevada Draw question

Bigjav

I'm planning on applying in Nevada for the first time this year. I know you have to pay for the hunting license upfront but I am unclear if I also have to front the money for the tag? Any help is appreciated.

Nope. Just the license and the application fees. Depending on what you all apply for it runs a couple bills.

OP you might want to closely study the Nevada system and odds prior to buying in. It's one of the most disadvantagious of systems to enter on the ground floor now. This is because they've been squaring everyone else's points ahead of you for 20 years. I know a ton of guys who analyzed the deal and invested their coin elsewhere. Of course who knows which states will overhaul their systems next. But right now WY, CO, NM & ID offer the best values for those entering on the ground floor. I don't think anyone would argue that. Good luck.

Yes, only get a point if get a license. I have 12 points for elk. I will have 12 x 12 = 144 plus 1 = 145 balls in the hopper. You will have 1 in the hopper for my 145 whether you buy a license or not. If buy, you will have 2 next year and then 5 then 10 then 17....while, assuming neither of us draw will have 257 when you have 17. That is what Zim refers to as odds actually worsen for many years as you build points from just 1 point.

Of course, as in poker, only takes one chip to be in the game.

Last edited:
Nothing to see here in Nevada please move along. Follow Zim's advice it's not worth your time or money.

If you have the money put in Nevada is a great state for mule deer and elk don't listen to the guys down south wish we could give all of Tahoe to California if they take Vegas with it.image.jpg diy 206 3/8 2008 black powder my dads I'm actually in the 2010 record book with this book put in.

I have 20 NR sheep points. Maybe this year! I drew a mulie tag in believe it or not area 51 back in the late 90's. While it wasn't quite kosher, I know the owner of a ranch adjacent to the area. My friend originally owned groom lake and about 90,000 acres that the air force took over, he was allowed to continue ranging his cattle and maintaining his waters. All his trucks had transponders and radios. The area is covered with literally thousands of sensors. I can't tell you what I saw there, but as my friend said, "He knew and saw stealth 20 years before it was made public. FWIW, UFOs do fly out there but they are not what anyone thinks they are. GJ

Since Nevada has a separate drawing for NRs, you can get breakdown on how many tags were issued to NRs and how many points were needed to draw. You will be surprised at how many people draw with not many points. Remember if you have 1 point you can still be lucky and get a low draw number and get a tag. Having 10 points does give the applicant a hundred chances to get a low number but it doesn't always work out that way. GJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back