Passin' through......

Big Slick

Heading through Motania, the wife ask me why do they call them the Crazy Mountains? I told her I'm sure it had to do with folklore from the tribes and the frontiersmen that went into them.

Would like to hear about it if someone knows. Thanks, Andy

I'll say it for you Harley
something to do with certain hunttlk members who hang out there. :cool:

Just kidding Andy...I'd like to hear the authentic history also...interesting name.

Named after a crazy woman. She was featured in the book Crow Killer about Liver Eating Johnson and the movie Jeremiah Johnson.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 469
I told the wife it was from the hairy legged granola women hiking those mountains. She's laughing and having a hard time driving in these high winds.

That stretch of I90 east of Livingston is one of the windiest spots around. It is frequently closed in winter. We had to reroute our trip home in late December because of a closure due to several wrecks.

I made my wife watch Jeremiah Johnson in the dating days.......definite prerequisite when getting serious with a gal.

I made my wife watch Jeremiah Johnson in the dating days.......definite prerequisite when getting serious with a gal.

First time my wife came over she shot my 9MM, ate elk chili and watched Boondock Saints. Second time she came over she ate antelope steaks and watched Jeremiah Johnson. I knew she was a keeper. :cool:

My wife loves that movie or she did watch it with me. She camps, loves to fish and has spotted game that I didn't see before she did. She pointed out antelope and deer all the way here to Kellogg. It's been a fun trip, I'm sure today will change all of that dealing with a car dealership.

Jeremiah Johnson =Liver eating Johnson. Interesting story worth reading. His
Hawken rifle is at the Buffalo Bill Cody Museum. Really cool to see if you know it's history.

The hairy legged granola women do their hiking around Missoula. mtmuley
Beat me to it.

The Crazy Woman claim is most commonly mentioned, but nobody knows for sure. Some say it was named for the crazy geology of the mountains.

Be warry warry careful if you do run into the hairy legged variety outside of Mizlou................and do not mention their lesbaru, if you don't want to wind up in the stew pot.Just sayin'

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back