Caribou Gear

Mid-West Hunter looking further West

HeliM_NP

Hey All, my name is Nick, I am an avid avid (like have serious problems avid) hunter from Ohio. I joined the forum because I was looking for some guidance on my possible 2017 Colorado muley hunt coming up this fall (keep your fingers crossed I get drawn!) and stumbled onto this website. OYOA is one of my favorite shows so I was happy I found this forum!

Anyways I consider myself to be pretty experienced in the whitetail world here in the mid west, but since going to NM in 2012 and shooting an elk, I've had this itch to get back out west somewhere to hunt.

Looking forward to reading all of your posts!

Nick

Last edited:
Welcome! A lot of great guys and good info on here. You can get a lot of info if you do your homework first. Good luck in the draw.

Thanks! I'm not afraid of doing some homework (as long as its hunting related!)

CO, ID or MT

Forget about relying on draws. Great OTC hunts you can do yearly with tags you buy from wal mart.

CO, ID or MT

Forget about relying on draws. Great OTC hunts you can do yearly with tags you buy from wal mart.

I was wondering about OTC, but I don't completely understand how it works. Would I have to drive out there hoping I could get a tag?

I was wondering about OTC, but I don't completely understand how it works. Would I have to drive out there hoping I could get a tag?

ID and MT are very easy to get deer tags. In ID you can just buy it online before you come out, just read the regulations for each state online and then post some specific questions here.

https://fishandgame.idaho.gov/conte...ilability?_ga=1.35629671.732884686.1475874998

This shows the quotas. I don't think it usually sells out so you can probably wait until after your CO draw.

Thanks everyone for saying hey! Looking forward to shooting the breeze with you all!

Back