BHA and Idahoans for public lands comments on Facebook.

Elkmagnet

I have noticed that Idaho specific public lands groups on Facebook seem to get hammered with anti public land comments and nobody seems to defend the "pro public" stance.
I know internet arguments are fruitless but some facts could really help persuade the open minded. So I'm wondering if a few of our more eloquent and informed members would mind injecting into a few discussions from time to time.
Here is an example.
https://www.facebook.com/Idahoansforpubliclands/
Screenshot_20170322-145713.jpg

If you can't trust your state to manage land, how can you trust it to manage your wildlife?

They are doing all they can to privatize both we are trying to stop it.

Why don't you ask Mike Simpson to show some internet love to BHA?

Sorry people are being mean on the internet. My 11 year old neighbor girl had an internet bully and said she just quit looking at their posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you ask Mike Simpson to show some internet love to BHA?

Sorry people are being mean on the internet. My 11 year old neighbor girl had an internet bully and said she just quit looking at their posts.

Im as confused as you are on this one?

elkmagnet,

To your original thread in this post - the facebook comments and arguments for the anti-public lands drive me nuts. It is so difficult because the arguments pro public land take so much longer to articulate than "get the federal government off our backs."

About a year and a half ago, I got into a pissing match on facebook about public land that got me doing some research regarding the math and dollars of how it would not work. I've got good specifics from public information off Forest Service, State, etc. websites.

With two little kids and a full-time job, everything kind of stalled at that point. I still need to put it together in a readable (and hopefully concise) argument. This thread is a good little kick in the ass for me to get going on that again. Thank you for the incentive. I'll get back to working on that and will pm you once I have something. Who knows, maybe I can send it to Idaho BHA if it is something they can use.

Thanks,

I wonder how many of those facebook folk know what IDL stands for. If they do, I wonder if they know how well IDL is doing.

Back