Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

CZ 455; lots of .22 for the $

MinnesotaHunter

So I caught wind of a sale at Cabela's last week on CZ 455 .22s for $349.99. I had been looking for a decent, relatively cheap .22 to leave up at our cabin for plinking, vermin, small game hunting. I am in trouble now because this little guy may have displaced my Ruger 77/22 (which cost twice as much) as my favorite. I put a Leupold VX-1 2-7x33 on it that I already had, and brought it to the range to zero. I usually shoot Federal Gold Medal Match rounds for everything. I zero'd it initially at 50yds, made a note on the elevation, and then adjusted to 100. It put them in around .5" at 50 and held about 1.25" at 100. The trigger was a little creepy, but was set nice and light (~3lbs).

The icing on the cake is that for $135, you can swap it to a 17HMR or 22 WMR.

IMG_6556.jpg
IMG_6557.jpg
IMG_6572.jpg
IMG_6573.jpg

I bought the same gun with the heavy barrel this winter. Love it. I'll likely get a 17 HMR barrel for it next year.

Grant, I thought about picking up some Eley and giving it a try. I was actually impressed most with how it stacked 6 in at 100, as I am guessing the 4 low stragglers were operator error more than anything.

Jeff, They had a varmint there too, but it was priced in the high $400's I think. The one I got was normally around $400. I think I might do the same and pick up the HMR barrel at some point, even though I mostly shoot subsonic match loads to keep the noise down around the lake....

Jeff, They had a varmint there too, but it was priced in the high $400's I think. The one I got was normally around $400. I think I might do the same and pick up the HMR barrel at some point, even though I mostly shoot subsonic match loads to keep the noise down around the lake....

Subsonics are what I've shot in mine 95% of the time. I'll bring it to bear camp if you want to try the varmint version.

I have a couple of CZ 452's, they both are great shooters and feel like a hunting rifle. Great to practice with. A great resource for CZ and other .22 calibers is at rimfirecentral.com

29570473013_e10f606332_k.jpg

I have that same rifle and for the price point it matches top end rimfires. Mine is an absolute tack driver. The squirrels don't stand a chance in Sept.

That's a great looking, and shooting rifle! A few years back, I picked up a used Zastava .22 for less than 200 bucks. It's a full sized rifle, like the CZ and has a nice feel to it. I had to work on the awful trigger a bit and refinished the stock, but it's really nice now and with CCI Standard Velocity loads, it will shoot 1/8" groups (3 shot) at 50 yards. Everyone should have a nice .22 rifle! Congrats!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back