Toprut has Nevada Odds out!

npaden

Was just looking over there for something else and checked and noticed that Toprut has the Nevada odds out. They had a blog post last year that they were working on them, but I wasn't sure whether they would actually get them out or not.

It is a pretty amazing site for the very inexpensive (as in free) cost. I was actually over there to download the google earth unit map overlay for my Wyoming elk unit.

Not sure what the eventual business model is for them, but I'm enjoying the free version right now.

Edit - nevermind, I'm not very smart.

About the only easy way to look at it is by clicking on the "list view" tab.

Going based off the Nevada website I had my top 3 elk choices as 6.4%, 10.0% and 17.2%. I knew they weren't that good, but I at least had them in correct order.

Toprut has them at 1.9%, 5.1% and 6.7%. It works out nicely that their simulation is assuming 5 points and that's what I have.

My Mule deer apps were all messed up. I had a unit with 36.5% odds as my first choice. I had no idea that I was that close to drawing a deer tag in Nevada, I actually need to look at it a little closer now.

EDIT again - Make sure you have the nonresident box clicked! LOL I didn't when I was looking at mule deer. My odds for that hunt at .9% now. I guess I don't need to really look at it very closely!

Last edited:
That's a pretty cool site with lots of information on it. I noticed if you select the unit and click on the view unit details it breaks it down for all point totals. Looking like a solid lottery ticket at my current point totals!

I like that site. The free .kmz of HD boundaries is pretty handy for getting used to unfamiliar places.

At first it looks like it is just the unit boundaries, but if you check the boxes it gives land ownership and a lot more too.

Pretty amazing for free.

I like that website too, kind of depressing what the real NV non resident odds are. Does give you good perspective, I know realize with 14 Elk points i have less than 5% odds at drawing my 1st choice tag.... deer is even more depressing. I am re-evaluating my choices as well. tired of waiting for the primo tags, I just want to get out there and hunt. I hope they stay free for much longer.

Definitely a cool site, I've been surveying the deer and sheep (real depressing) odds. I drew elk last year but also wanted to see what the odds were. The Toprut values for NV seem to be consistently somewhat higher than the goHunt values, but I noticed that was also true for the NM odds.

And the unit maps for Google earth are awesome; all land ownership plus topos.

Be interesting to see how long they stay "free".

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back