Yeti GOBOX Collection

Ooops, more TV guys busted for poaching.

Glad to see it. We all like to fill tags but I think too many of the shows emphasize the kill or the size of the trophy vs the experience.

15 years, that's awesome, wish it was more.

I wonder what the viewer saw that he was able to determine they weren't in the correct area. Sad to think it took the show to air to catch the poaching, makes you wonder how many poached animals go through the cracks...

There was an episode of Doomsday Preppers on the Nat Geo channel. Showed a guy shooting firearms. Turns out he was a convicted felon prohibited from possessing firearms. Ooops.....must've forgot that part.

I wonder what the viewer saw that he was able to determine they weren't in the correct area. Sad to think it took the show to air to catch the poaching, makes you wonder how many poached animals go through the cracks...

the vegetation & geology are way different. The abbreviated version is: sagebrush/Ponderosa and sandstone/mudstone breaks where they shot the elk while their permit is more mixed forest of Lodgepole/Fir/Spruce type habitat with limestone/dolomite/mix volcanics geology.

Nothing says dumba$$ like poaching, then putting it on TV, social media, or bringing the head to a hunting trade show.

Came down on them hard. Nice to see. Idiots. The terrain in that region is so different than NW Wyoming that how could you be so stupid?

I want to know how they got on private land in the first place and got those elk out of there. It be nice to know.

Congratulations to the Investigators who put the case together. Thank you to the person who called in the tip. I hope the next 15 years really stinks for the poachers !!!

Nothing says dumba$$ like poaching, then putting it on TV, social media, or bringing the head to a hunting trade show.

Some guys were hunting a deer in my home county of Adams County, Ohio that they had pictures of, sheds, etc. It came up missing and they couldn't figure out what happened to it. They happened to be at a whitetail show, and a guy had it there claiming he had killed it in Kentucky. Needless to say, his want for fame didn't turn out so well for him.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/big-buck-zone/2010/05/poacher-robs-hunter-record-book-buck

I once posted a photo of "that area", The Rochelle Hills area and another poster immediately recognized the area (and the ranch). It' s unique area and there are some landmarks that are very recognizable.

good luck to all
the dog

Back