Trouble in the Bob

Use google much Paul? Ever fact check anything, or do you just fall hook, line, and sinker?

This where you get your "news"??? PT Barnum was right...

Laffin'....

Principia Scientific International (PSI) is an organization based in the United Kingdom which promotes fringe views and material to claim that carbon dioxide is not a greenhouse gas. PSI was formed in 2010 around the time they published their first book, titled Slaying the Sky Dragon: Death of the Greenhouse Gas Theory. [1]

Don't let the goats get vaccines or near a wind turbine...

According to Pauls reliable sources, the goats will really be in trouble.

From Principia "scientific"

In 2013, PSI also began to promote unfounded claims that wind turbines make people sick and that childhood vaccines were “one of the largest most evil lies in history.” [9]

Crazy Mountains had an unlimited number of tags in the 90s to try to get in front of an out of control population expansion, which still ended up with a big die off. Hunting was ended and the population rebounded quickly. How many tags were issued last year? Quite a few, and if they don't get the population in control pretty soon it could very well result in another die off. Low numbers or high, seems FWP gets the blame either way.

Use google much Paul? Ever fact check anything, or do you just fall hook, line, and sinker?

This where you get your "news"??? PT Barnum was right...

Laffin'....

Principia Scientific International (PSI) is an organization based in the United Kingdom which promotes fringe views and material to claim that carbon dioxide is not a greenhouse gas. PSI was formed in 2010 around the time they published their first book, titled Slaying the Sky Dragon: Death of the Greenhouse Gas Theory. [1]

Typical Buzz. Ignore the science, attack the source........

"For example, in 2016 alone, there were at least 132 peer-reviewed scientific papers documenting a significant solar influence on climate. Among them there were 18 papers that directly connected centennial-scale periods of low solar activity (the Little Ice Age) with cooler climates, and periods of high solar activity (the Medieval Warm Period and the Modern Warm Period [20th Century]) with high solar activity levels. Another 10 papers warned of an impending solar minimum and concomitant cooling period in the coming decades."

Solar activity plays a big hand in the world's climate? Crazy stuff right there!

Crazy Mountains had an unlimited number of tags in the 90s to try to get in front of an out of control population expansion, which still ended up with a big die off. Hunting was ended and the population rebounded quickly. How many tags were issued last year? Quite a few, and if they don't get the population in control pretty soon it could very well result in another die off. Low numbers or high, seems FWP gets the blame either way.

Correct, because they manage reactively instead of proactively, just like I showed you in the sapphire example. Keep issuing 5 tags for opportunity, when one of the hardest hunters in the State see's 4 goats in 15 (at least) days of hunting. Rather than make adjustments along the way, lets just go scorched earth for 12 years on the goats, change nothing, then shut it down when we have 4 left. According to the article you posted, 34 years later, there's still only 10 in the entire Sapphire range. That's a pretty major f-up in management, that a herd hasn't recovered from a lack of management over 30 years later.

Same with the Bitterroot, keep pounding the goats in there with 75 tags for years and years, don't manage by drainage, just use that "macro-management" approach and let hunters "self regulate". Then scratch your ass as to "why aren't there any goats here anymore". I know, lets blame it on solar flares and wind turbines.

Worked well for goats, and now you're seeing the exact same macro-management style tanking pronghorn, elk, and deer...business as usual with the FWP.

You should come to Wyoming and hunt sometime...I'll show you what management looks like...something lacking in Montana.

Last edited:
Correct, because they manage reactively instead of proactively, just like I showed you in the sapphire example. Keep issuing 5 tags for opportunity, when one of the hardest hunters in the State see's 4 goats in 15 (at least) days of hunting. Rather than make adjustments along the way, lets just go scorched earth for 12 years on the goats, change nothing, then shut it down when we have 4 left. According to the article you posted, 34 years later, there's still only 10 in the entire Sapphire range. That's a pretty major f-up in management, that a herd hasn't recovered from a lack of management over 30 years later.

Same with the Bitterroot, keep pounding the goats in there with 75 tags for years and years, don't manage by drainage, just use that "macro-management" approach and let hunters "self regulate". Then scratch your ass as to "why aren't there any goats here anymore". I know, lets blame it on solar flares and wind turbines.

Worked well for goats, and now you're seeing the exact same macro-management style tanking pronghorn, elk, and deer...business as usual with the FWP.

You should come to Wyoming and hunt sometime...I'll show you what management looks like...something lacking in Montana.

Does MT need SFW to encourage MT F&G to implement better management? Is the great WY management you speak of the major $$$ increase and finger to NR hunters?

Does MT need SFW to encourage MT F&G to implement better management? Is the great WY management you speak of the major $$$ increase and finger to NR hunters?

SFW is a plague...I wouldn't wish that on any other State, not even Utah.

As to the "major $$$" increase, Wyoming did not increase fees on NR or R in 8 years. They also offer reduced price antlerless permits, reduced price youth permits, that did not change in price with this last "major $$$ increase".

In the last 3 years, the number of elk applicants has increased over 2k+. Leftover tags typically sell out in minutes.

Wyoming and its proper management have created a very good product, quality demands higher fees...and IMO, Wyoming is a good value for the quality as well as quantity of available wildlife. Good chit sells itself.

In the time I've lived in Wyoming, Montana quality and quantity of wildlife has been on a continual decline. I used to worry about drawing a NR big-game combo and beat 60% odds multiple years. The combo tag was right around $650 when I moved to WY in 2000. I believe since then, the price has nearly doubled, quality is in the tank, and you can get the combo tag over the counter. Bad chit doesn't sell...

Montana, which used to be highly sought after, is now a back up, last resort plan for many NR hunters. A place to go where you can hunt if you absolutely don't draw anywhere else.

Sad really, but that's to be expected when a State doubles prices for poorer quality and less game and no management.

Even my cut rate NR OTC deer combo at $306 is of questionable value. I could add an elk tag for another $200 and IMO, the elk tag is NOT worth the additional $200 anymore, and hasn't been for a long time. If not for the fact my family still lives and hunts in MT, I would very likely not even buy a deer tag.

Finally, the only Sportsmen's group in Wyoming, to my knowledge, that opposed this latest "fee increase" in Wyoming is the group that I chair...for the record.

The theory of evolution clashes strongly with the religion of climate hysteria.

Anybody know how the goat population is doing in the Highwoods? It always fascinate me that they existed there.
Not sure if they're still around, but when I was a kid we used to fish from a boat on Holter. Goats all over the edge. Both places are low elevation and weird to see goats in.

They're still in the gates on both sides of the Missouri.

Anybody know how the goat population is doing in the Highwoods? It always fascinate me that they existed there.
Not sure if they're still around, but when I was a kid we used to fish from a boat on Holter. Goats all over the edge. Both places are low elevation and weird to see goats in.

Animals evolve to long-term changes, not to more rapid changes in climate. I'm not exactly sure how the theories clash at all.....

https://thinkprogress.org/stronger-...ar-vortex-is-shifting-7225c56569c2#.67gcpyqbx
Back in the old days, this was refered to as the Siberian Express. Today's religion of climate hysteria refers to it as the polar vortex.

Not sure what you are trying to get at with the article.

However, yes, I do "buy into" the widely accepted theory regarding greenhouse gasses which trap heat, sending it back to the earth. Thus, more greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere equals a warmer planet. Your comment regarding "climate change hysteria" depends on one's perspective. If you like fishing for brook trout, then yea a warming climate would be pretty bad for this species. Same with moose. Obviously there will be species that are winners in a warming climate (in my area definitely largemouth bass). Some species will be indifferent. I know nothing about goats, but to completely disregard climate changes as a factor I think would be foolish.

Thus, climate change is pretty much irrefutable at this point. What we do about it is very much debatable and that is beyond the scope of this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back