Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by LopeHunter View Post
    Fantastic patterns on those weapons. I tend to set things down and they get covered with snow as am breaking a critter down or they blend into the ground as get up from glassing. I need to paint over all my camo and black stuff so is bright. Maybe orange? Or pink, so nobody covets thy things.
    When I was doing mechanic work between stints in the military I would buy everything with pink handles so no one would take it
    I'm an addict...archery, rifles, handguns, muzzleloaders, hunting, fishing, fly fishing..and I don't want rehab

CWEH...Colorado's Worst Elk Hunter 2007-2016 (but I'm still damned sexy)

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka06 View Post
    Attachment 69042
    Here is my model 7 7-08. I used basically the same paints you did except for the khaki color and webbed paint. After one season of use it has held up well. The scope is off because it's headed to the smith for a trigger job and ceracoating.
    Looks great. I will be doing khaki/black web for the next project. Thanks for sharing the pic.

Too funny, but true JohnCushman!

Quote Originally Posted by JLS View Post
    I wonder how it would turn out to do both grit and webbing?
    I did this with my T3 super lite. I just went over the grit with another coat of paint then did the webbing, and finished with the matte clear. It has plenty of texture to it. I really like MinnesotaHunters stock, the next one I do may be like that.

I like that "gritty" look too.

MinnesotaHunter: What did you use for that project?

This is the stuff I used. I primed with Duplicolor self etching primer.

http://www.rustoleum.com/en/product-...color-textured
    “The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.” - Jack London

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12