Obamacare

Old days of the political forum and the survival forum. Who remembers the fake Corporal? I got under his skin so bad he was going to drive up here to kick my ass.

I will say Big Fin runs a much tighter ship and as the one paying for it can wield the "banned" button as he wishes. There was something about Moosie though that was sort of wild west of hunting forums.

Old days of the political forum and the survival forum. Who remembers the fake Corporal? I got under his skin so bad he was going to drive up here to kick my ass.

I will say Big Fin runs a much tighter ship and as the one paying for it can wield the "banned" button as he wishes. There was something about Moosie though that was sort of wild west of hunting forums.

I remember the fake corporal, he was either going to fight or sue whoever disagreed with him.

The guy Thumper was a hoot also, he had either just got done beating someone, getting ready to beat someone, or thinking about beating someone.

Ol cheese had seen more elk twin calves then any bio I know. Drinking pee was classic.

The fake corporal threatened to reported me to to my employer one time and I am self employed. It was quite entertaining.

Ol Cheese would go off on some epic melt downs at times.

Nemont

I loved Moosie's forum. It was fun..

Totally outrageous! Bobcat was my most memorable member, Very informative in one and a total asshole in the next.

Moosie ran a good forum for fun

Big Fin runs one for information.

I am curious how Big Fin saw the value in Moosie's forum to buy it.

Was a damn good move!

Bobcat was my most memorable member, Very informative in one and a total asshole in the next.

Doug Boykin....funny dude for sure. I actually had lunch with him once over in Encampment at his newly opened restaurant, the Kat house. Been a long time ago, 2007 I think. Surprisingly, it was a pretty nice place and the food was pretty good as well. He was wanting to sell the place, and I don't even remember how long it stayed open. I think last year when I drove by, it was open again.

He was a dandy...

Oh man if you think this was bad you should have seen it before Randy bought the place.

Feelings were banned and skin was like titanium....lol and there were a few punching bags that got it on a daily basis. The Greenhorn moderated survival forum was a hoot... classic "one liners" occurred daily in every forum... Seems like just yesterday. I'd love to reminisce through a few of those old classic threads...

Last edited:
So Fin basically purchased a frat house and turned it into a respectable rental?

Sounds like a pretty wild time. I thought Moosie was going to post some kind of epic elk hunting story last year but then it petered out.

Don't forget how much "love was in the air" back in the day! There were rumors of hookups at hunttalker gatherings and IIRC a connection that started on the forum ended up in a marriage and a kid, but possibly not in that order...

Heck, one of the guys that went with miller and I to Kodiak came up with his screen name as an acronym for him and his wife picking up women to take home!

I do NOT miss the signature pictures Raven Beauty would make for folks. Some were 1/2 a screen large and made the site take forever to load on the connection speeds at the time.

Memories of the good old days! Remember when Jose would get put on double secret probation, make up a new name and be right back at it. Then when there was some dumb poll to vote on, Jose and his 10 different aliases would all show up to vote. The fantasy hunt forum was a hoot as well!

I had actually forgotten Moosie's most redeeming quality. The man treasured his family. The boys were great hunters and the little daughter by now is also.

Moosie loved his wife and treasured his kids.

He did it his way and had fun. Naked pictures with pots and pans were not acceptable, but were funny!

Moosie and Bugler's pic play by plays were/are gold...good times and uncanny critter harvests.

Memories of the good old days! Remember when Jose would get put on double secret probation, make up a new name and be right back at it. Then when there was some dumb poll to vote on, Jose and his 10 different aliases would all show up to vote. The fantasy hunt forum was a hoot as well!

Elkgunner, HisRoyalHighness, and Mike Hunt were among those who ran the welcoming committee IIRC. Newbies be typing all caps and exclamation points from 0-60.

taparep

I can still hear the Dial up going though the motions so I could check on who did what. Everything from indecent desire with an Elk to threatening to hit somebody with a Dutch Oven! (Do you know how many times it took me to finally type "Indecent Desire" instead of what it was!). John

I can still hear the Dial up going though the motions so I could check on who did what. Everything from indecent desire with an Elk to threatening to hit somebody with a Dutch Oven! (Do you know how many times it took me to finally type "Indecent Desire" instead of what it was!). John

...urban dic calls it necrobestiality. Not something you'd necessarily blurt in mixed company.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back