bowhunting montana antelope

bb1379

I am trying to arrange a 2 state antelope trip (bow hunt Montana late September, gun hunt Wyoming late September). provided tags are drawn, I want to try decoy hunting the antelope in Montana. ive been told late September is best, but im curious as to how late? im looking at Wyoming tags that open around sept 20-25, so im considering trying the Montana hunt first but am concerned if that is too early or not. my obvious alternative if all goes well is to go to Montana after the Wyoming hunt but im concerned the bucks will be locked down with their does and not be as reluctant to do the decoy thing. any advice?

Decoying can be effective but you have to hit it just right. Are you doing this alone or with a partner? Decoying is a two person job. My personal experience is most decoyed antelope come with in 75 yards and then circle. Ive had better luck spot and stalk hunting them then decoying

It would be 2 person most likely. Not opposed to straight up spot and stalk but would like to see how the decoy works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back