Spring Bear Permits

Mike_Schmuck

Here in Washington we have a few select units (NE and SE) open for spring bear permit holders. I put in for GMU 101 but with only one point I didn't have good odds. The results are out and no tag for me this year. I will just have more time for spring turkey and deer scouting.

I wonder if anyone on here is a lucky permit holder for 2017.

-Mike

I picked one up for the Kapowsin unit in Western Wa. Have to buy an access pass for the private timber company but it's a short 15 minute drive from the house. Otherwise I'd have to drive 5 1/2 hours to Idaho to hunt spring bear.

Lefty315, I forgot about the western WA tags. Back when I lived on the west side we could run around all that Weyerhauser and Plum Creek property without a permit. Good luck on your hunt!

Mike, pretty much every timber company now charges for access over here. They used to let you walk, mountain bike or horse back in without a permit but that has stopped, at least around where I live. I get it that it's their land and they can lock it up and charge admission but I also wonder what kind of tax breaks the State is giving them. It's getting tougher and tougher to hunt the west side.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back