Kuiu our new "hunting liason"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering Hariston believes Ryan Benson is responsible for delisting Wolves in ID and MT, I'd say we're in trouble.

I've had some good email conversations with him about issues. While I am troubled he's in bed with the bad guys, I also think we need to give him a chance to reach out and talk to folks before we simply dismiss him. I know that groups like B&C, RMEF, MDF, WSF, etc all have relationships with him, and that should help counter-balance the anti-conservation bent of BGF & SFW.

I'm ignorant to Jason Hairston's track record...based on comments above it sounds like he hasn't been on the side of most public land hunters?? Fill me in...

I guess I'm waiting for more information but the little I've read he seems pretty arrogant. However, I guess that doesn't make him less qualified. We'd all rather have Big Fin but it initially sounds like he will be an ally. Its action that we need and they speak louder than words. So I will be observing intently.

Companies like Sitka, First lite etc. should be all over this. It has the potential to eliminate a competitor

Isn't this the same guy that had to get a whole lot of social media flack before putting a lame video out that kinda said he was against HR 621?

Companies like Sitka, First lite etc. should be all over this. It has the potential to eliminate a competitor

I'm sure one of the reasons he would want the position is all the positive spin and sales he can put on Kuiu.

Put me in the camp as hoping this doesn't happen.

Well, that's discouraging. We don't need a "liaison". We need for the people making the decisions to listen to their constituents and remember that they are elected representatives. I see this, if it is true, as a way for the powers that be to say they are listening to the sporting community without having to wade into the messy world of actually communicating with regular folks like us. Just my $0.02.

Wish it were Randy, Steven Rinella, Ryan Callaghan, or Land Tawney instead.

Wishing is great, however reality has to be considered.

Do you really think they would want someone that doesn't have an "R" after their name to be the liaison?

I think it is the same with Zinke. I think compared to the alternatives that all had an R after their name, he is better than we ever could have hoped.

Randy and Steve have clearly said they aren't R or D, just issue guys which is great for the issues, but not great for getting them appointed to anything by either party. I believe Land Tawney was the leader of "Sportsmen for Obama", do you really think he would be tapped as the liaison? Not sure on Ryan either but not really a marquee name unless you are talking about the hockey player.

From a positive spin, at least when pressed, Jason did come out against (kinda) HB 621. It seems like he can at least hear where the wind is blowing and might make as good of a liaison as we can expect.

My 2 cents.

I read that article. The quote in the outdoor life article is a 2nd hand quote from a Men's Health article. The author of the outdoor life article didn't even interview him.

Execs wanted to expand Sitka's footprint, making new camo patterns for whitetail and duck hunters. In Hairston's view, this was unthinkable. "You lose the core appeal," he says.

Damn, he is against whitetail and duck hunters too!!

In the article in Men's health the theme was a focus on staying small and high quality, not trying to be everything to everyone. I don't think Hairston is against fat guys or whitetail tree stand hunters or duck hunters or women. He just doesn't want to make clothes for them.

Not wanting to come across as a blinded Kuiu loyal supporter. I do have some of their clothes and some Sitka too. They are good clothes. Just not sure the 2nd hand quote is something where he is some bigot against fat people or women.

Wishing is great, however reality has to be considered.

Do you really think they would want someone that doesn't have an "R" after their name to be the liaison?

I think it is the same with Zinke. I think compared to the alternatives that all had an R after their name, he is better than we ever could have hoped.

Randy and Steve have clearly said they aren't R or D, just issue guys which is great for the issues, but not great for getting them appointed to anything by either party. I believe Land Tawney was the leader of "Sportsmen for Obama", do you really think he would be tapped as the liaison? Not sure on Ryan either but not really a marquee name unless you are talking about the hockey player.

From a positive spin, at least when pressed, Jason did come out against (kinda) HB 621. It seems like he can at least hear where the wind is blowing and might make as good of a liaison as we can expect.

My 2 cents.

Fair point, I guess I'm just one of those weirdos like Randy and Steven that doesn't adhere to a party and prefers to discuss issues. I think my main problem with Jason is he doesn't seem to be aware of the issues at all or involved with the hunting community. He doesn't seem to have a meaningful presence at any of the big hunting community events, and doesn't really speak out on social media about issues. Joe Rogan is more involved in the hunting community than Hariston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back