If someone gave you $30,000 that you had to spend on hunting what would you choose?

Which trips would you pick?

• Cheap (relatively) Guided Bighorn Sheep hunt in Alberta

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • Big Combo Hunt in Alaska (Brown Bear, Moose, Caribou?)

Votes: 51 51.0%
  • Family type excursion to Africa for a plains safari

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • Governors Type Pronghorn tag and Guide service

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dall Sheep or some other Alaska hunt (mountain goat) with leftover money from Option 3 or 4

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Other - Who knows - Maybe some relatively cheap governors tag and DIY?

Votes: 21 21.0%

• Total voters
New Zealand hunt/fish combo, whole family, both islands.

If you ever do this trip I can point you in the right direction for good free public land hunting & fishing. Its pretty cheap to hunt here.

My dream hunt would be brown bear, moose and goat in Alaska. I wouldn't mind a sheep / wapiti hunt in central Asia either.

Would 30k get me on a Kamchatka ram hunt?

Should easily get you a ram, there and back. Last I looked they could be had for about $15k, and a sketchy helo ride... Definately on my short list, that is turning into a long list.

Capercaillie in Finland, Mountain Caribou in YT, and the rest of it blown on any/every antelope hunt I could find.

Free range cape buffalo would be right up there.. I'd have to flip a coin between that and a brown bear hunt.

Dall sheep and whatever else I could get with the remaining money while I'm in Alaska. Would $20k get me a sheep hunt? Would the remaining $10k get me a moose hunt?

Dall sheep and whatever else I could get with the remaining money while I'm in Alaska. Would $20k get me a sheep hunt? Would the remaining $10k get me a moose hunt?

I think you could swing it if you did it in one trip with the same outfitter.

World class mule deer somewhere. mtmuley

+1

Haven't thought to much about where exactly since this is so far out of reality, but maybe the Jicarilla Indian reservation. If I still had money leftover, I'de buy a Landowner permit for Mule Deer in Nevada.

I really desire a Big Horn sheep or Mountain Goat. I find both of them to be some of the most beautiful animals to grace Earth.

Patagonia rainbows
Cape Buffalo-free range
Would consider coercion and offer the whole damn thing for a sheep hunt with Bambistew
Stag hunt in Spain
a real Russian Boar hunt in Europe
Peacock bass in Brazil/Amazon

These would be considerations but likely...

Pay off my truck and work less from September to November:hump:

That should get me about four landowner vouchers for unit 61 archery elk in Colorado. Four straight years of the entire month of September chasing big bulls. Sign me up.

I'm with bigbull. As many great LE rut bull tags as I could get me hands on! Alaska would be great but I think I'd rather spend a few Septembers chasing bulls DIY on tags I'd otherwise never draw in my life.

For just me it'd be a multi-species pack trip into BC.

For the family it'd be as long as we could get in either NZ or Africa with the kids doing most of the trigger pulling.

Back