Yeti GOBOX Collection

If someone gave you $30,000 that you had to spend on hunting what would you choose?

Which trips would you pick?

• Cheap (relatively) Guided Bighorn Sheep hunt in Alberta

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • Big Combo Hunt in Alaska (Brown Bear, Moose, Caribou?)

Votes: 51 51.0%
  • Family type excursion to Africa for a plains safari

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • Governors Type Pronghorn tag and Guide service

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dall Sheep or some other Alaska hunt (mountain goat) with leftover money from Option 3 or 4

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Other - Who knows - Maybe some relatively cheap governors tag and DIY?

Votes: 21 21.0%

• Total voters
New Zealand hunt/fish combo, whole family, both islands.
This one for me. I was going to go when I taught in the Micronesian Islands, but then I fell in love and got married instead. Don't know what I missed out on, but am very happy with what I got.

I would Deffinatly go do the alaskan brown bear, caribu, and moose, but if I didn't have to spend it on a trip I would work on building up my pack, a new gun, binos, and use the rest to pay to take and outdoor guide course in Montana.

Last edited:
I think a combination trip to AK, NWT, or Yukon for dall sheep, caribou, wolf, and whatever else I had money left to shoot.

I've done New Zealand 4 times DIY. I only do guided hunts where required by law, except for some goose hunts. Been doing AK diy so if I was forced to spend 30k on a hunt it would have to be for Brown Bear, Dall Sheep, Mt. Goat.

Leopard, Black Death, hippo and whatever else I could negotiate on the dark continent with my bow.

I'd probably do a first class elk hunt and a first class muley hunt. If some money still left, a good whitetail hunt.
Have done the AK thing and big travel hunts numerous times and now prefer hunts where I can bring home and enjoy the meat. Seemed almost sinful to me leaving whole moose and caribou carcasses in AK with the outfitter, and cost prohibitive to get it home.

I noticed everyone is all over the governors tag and guided pronghorn hunt. ;) I would think you could almost guarantee something around 90" for that kind of money.

I guess that helps explain why you could still do something like that for less than $30K when a top tier governors tag and guide would be 6 digits minimum for something like a 400" elk or a 200" mule deer.

The crazy thing is that you probably have about the same chance killing a 400" elk or 200" mule deer on your own (maybe better) than you do of killing a 90" pronghorn on your own. Maybe 1 or 2 of them killed each year and it seems like they are always killed by the same dude.

Good Question, I really don't know. Just read an article on two knuckleheads that effectively spent $30K between em' for 2 Bull Elk they could not even keep! Pathetic. :confused:

With $30K, I would probably spend a year trying to keep up with the Big Fin hunt schedule in multiple states (would need 6-8 months with a personal trainer before I could consider it though). :cool:

Tough Question.

Back