PEAX Equipment

If someone gave you $30,000 that you had to spend on hunting what would you choose?

Which trips would you pick?

• Cheap (relatively) Guided Bighorn Sheep hunt in Alberta

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • Big Combo Hunt in Alaska (Brown Bear, Moose, Caribou?)

Votes: 51 51.0%
  • Family type excursion to Africa for a plains safari

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • Governors Type Pronghorn tag and Guide service

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dall Sheep or some other Alaska hunt (mountain goat) with leftover money from Option 3 or 4

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Other - Who knows - Maybe some relatively cheap governors tag and DIY?

Votes: 21 21.0%

• Total voters

npaden

Okay, kind of a hypothetical question here but I'm curious to see what people would say.

This is assuming that you are given $30,000 and told you have to spend it on hunting over a relatively short one or two year period, maybe 3. You can't use it up $1,000 at a time on cheap DIY type trips. You can do those in addition to the big spend trips, but your only options on this are a big trip or maybe a combination of some smaller trips.

I'm sure we could contribute the $30,000 to the LWCF, but for now let's say we will be greedy jerks who are going to just spend it on ourselves.

I'm sure I'm going to be short on some really good options that I just haven't thought of so I'll throw in an other category and you are welcome to throw them out there.

Last edited:
For me, Without a doubt it would be Yukon Moose and Brown bear. Two animals I will most likely never hunt.

I'd take my family to Africa. For a buff/plains game hunt, tour some parks, and have a blast. Spend at least 3 weeks, maybe a month...

When my kids get a bit older we will do such a trip.

For me it would Newfoundland moose,caribou, and bear. I always thought that woulday be an awesome time.

Without a doubt, Africa with my family. I think I could get us all plane tickets and a kudu and gemsbock for that money. Wish I only had the time to go with it.

Definitely the Alaska trifecta moose, grizzly, caribou. A dream hunt for sure!

Whole family safari. Go back to Kenya and show the kids where my family lived/traveled with cameras and fishing. Then down to Tanzania with camera and firearms. Time and money remaining? Head to Southern Africa until the dough runs out.

Not enough for a Stone's sheep, probably a brown bear hunt via boat in the ABCs. Might add a goat hunt there as a combo. Like to bring my wife for the daily crab and shrimp feast too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back