600 Good Paying Jobs in Utah - Thank you President Trump and Secretary Zinke

OriginalOscar

Thank you Mr. President and Mr. Secretary

"The United States has more coal than any other nation on Earth, and we are lucky to be at a time in our history that we have the technology available to responsibly mine coal and return our land to equal or better quality after," Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke said in a statement. "For many communities and tribes in Utah, Montana, New Mexico and other states across the West, coal on public lands has been both a boon and a missed opportunity. With the potential for thousands of jobs and millions in economic opportunity, the Interior Department is committed to balancing the development and conservation of these resources."

Of course the people hating greens are going nut. http://www.sltrib.com/home/5062079-155/zinke-finalizes-greens-hollow-coal-lease

Last edited by a moderator:

Great news for the workforce at Sufco! Sufco wont have any trouble getting rid if it, it's high quality coal. It competes well with Nat Gas and beats the snot out of wind and solar.

BHR, those MRL cars aren't going anywhere unless MT mines can boost exports. It's picked up some this year but not what it was a few years ago. Hopefully that will change and those MT miners can get back to running at capacity.

Great news for the workforce at Sufco! Sufco wont have any trouble getting rid if it, it's high quality coal. It competes well with Nat Gas and beats the snot out of wind and solar.

BHR, those MRL cars aren't going anywhere unless MT mines can boost exports. It's picked up some this year but not what it was a few years ago. Hopefully that will change and those MT miners can get back to running at capacity.

I was hoping MRL could lease them out until things change. Any chance of that?

BHR. If MT would like to piggyback UT's lead I'm sure something could be arranged.
Millions of tons of Utah coal will have a secure shipping port from a former Army base in Oakland, California, under a $275 million deal being brokered among multiple parties.

Four Utah counties — Sevier, Emery, Carbon and Sanpete — have already secured a $53 million low-interest loan from the state’s Community Impact Fund Board to assure that Utah exports, notably coal, have a guaranteed share of the port’s capacity.

The investment, approved earlier this month, buys Utah exports such as coal, potash, salt and hay cubes 49 percent of the new facility’s capacity, described as 9 million metric tons. The dry bulk port will occupy land owned by Oakland City and provide a more direct West Coast route for the state.
http://energy.utah.gov/utah-invests-53-million-in-california-port-for-coal-other-exports/

Good luck. Though I wish we could get to the point where there is higher demand for uranium (also mined in Utah). Nuclear energy is the only low carbon energy source capable of powering the world for millennia. Coal, NG, oil are better for transportation and other applications. I would rather we save fossil fuels for those uses and expand nuclear for baseload power.

Didn't mean to hijack. But nuclear energy is like the federal land argument to me. The more you research it, the more you realize how silly it is to try and eliminate it.

Good luck. Though I wish we could get to the point where there is higher demand for uranium (also mined in Utah). Nuclear energy is the only low carbon energy source capable of powering the world for millennia. Coal, NG, oil are better for transportation and other applications. I would rather we save fossil fuels for those uses and expand nuclear for baseload power.

Didn't mean to hijack. But nuclear energy is like the federal land argument to me. The more you research it, the more you realize how silly it is to try and eliminate it.

Not a hijack friend just another truth the Greens hate to admit. If you (or anyone with an open mind) wants watch this documentary. The Green propaganda killed an energy source we should have developed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora's_Promise

Weird that Sufco was awarded this bid in 2015 but Trump and Zinke get all the at a boys. The partisan hacks are out in force on every subject. What port is this coal going to be shipped from?

Nemont

Not a hijack friend just another truth the Greens hate to admit. If you (or anyone with an open mind) wants watch this documentary. The Green propaganda killed an energy source we should have developed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora's_Promise

Yeah, man. The irony is that nuclear energy has the potential to minimize anthropogenic climate change without entrenching the world in energy poverty. Greens should be falling over themselves to support it.

I spent years researching nuclear for investment purposes and while I no longer have any large stake in it, I still think it has huge potential.

Weird that Sufco was awarded this bid in 2015 but Trump and Zinke get all the at a boys. The partisan hacks are out in force on every subject. What port is this coal going to be shipped from?

Nemont

Is this the port where the State of Utah is going to pay for all those high paying jobs at the Port of Oakland, in California?

Enjoy hunting your coal mine

You might be on to something here. Is that how the deer get so big? They're sneaking into the decline and licking up some super mineral from the Earth's crust. Are lighted sights legal in Utah? What about knocks? I'm going in. Look for my article next year. Or better yet don't. Let's keep this underground hunting between you and I.

Nemont

Nemont,

I doubt it will be exported anywhere. I suspect it will be used for domestic energy production. Utah's plan for coal exports out of Oakland is never going to happen IMO. Port of LA closed its coal terminal over a decade ago. Port of Long Beach is an option but it does not handle very many tons and I think they are spoken for.

BHR,

I doubt they would lease them to this mine or any other. I am not an expert in MRL but i suspect those cars are for shipping MT coal to a Canadian port, Westshore or Ridley. I think the only one handling coal today is Westshore. If exports out of Westshore increased they would get used. For domestic coal use, most utilities have there own cars that go back and forth. I doubt that Sufco is going to export any of these new tons. I could be wrong but i doubt it. If i am not mistaken i think Sufco trucks it coal to its domestic customers.

This post stinks of desperation and misplaced bravado.
Enjoy hunting your coal mine

I bet they would except for the fact that it is an UG mine. The surface is FS land and it takes a decent amount of points to draw. I used to work at a coal mine in NW CO and the hunting on mine property was awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back