PEAX Equipment

Montana Highground

Well, I just got back from the Notch Cabin. Was a VERY quick trip (2 nights), and we did not see a single Elk. My Dads Jeep got a flat (good thing we had a spare) and between that, the lack of time, tons of livestock (cattle, didnt see sheep), and plentiful homemade fajitas at the cabin we did not punch a tag nor did we really hike enough to expect to see any. We did see a decent Bull Moose, a black bear and a lot of other hunters, hikers, and campers. This one group was camped out right below the cabin rock climbing and jamming music. :BLEEP: Oh well we had fun and made some more memories. Thanks again for those who reached out. I plan to hunt this area again, but will tackle it differently. Large roadless area that deserves at least a week of backpack hunting to be done right. I couldnt take my Dad up too but thats what I will do next time, and glass for a day or 3.

Sorry, it didn't work out and the loud campers nearby sounds like no fun. I'm not a big fan of that. Least you have a great attitude about it all! We will be headed out next Saturday and looking forward the the possible upcoming weather chance and hopefully hitting the peak rut.

Glad you made some great memories and I hope you get another chance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back