Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

the Real March Madness-NCAA Wrestling

I recently moved close to Penn State, maybe next season I'll try to get to a match. I've been to a few high school matches before but that's it. I don't really understand wrestling, especially how the scoring works, so I have a lot to learn.

I was glad to see Clark win it. Even though I despise Iowa wrestling, I respect it! He is a tough kid and deserved it.

So glad IMar lost. Obviously, it was great to see a PSU kid beat him, but I would have been cheering against him no matter what school his opponent was from. I can't stand that guy and karma finally caught up to him.

Some serious upsets in the semis and finals! I was shocked to see Imar go down but he didn't look that great all through out the tourney and that kid from PSU is real tough. I figured the Hawkeyes would only get one champ but my money was on Gilman. I was really glad to see Clark come through. If anyone deserved it he did.

I'm sure Sanderson is getting paid handsomely and his next contract will be even more lucrative, but I completely agree with you. He and Penn State for that matter, would be receiving much more attention and he'd be getting paid a lot better if this were the football or basketball team we were talking about. I believe wrestling is gaining popularity throughout the country though and I think that has a lot to do with how popular MMA has become. People love the UFC, as well as other "Leagues," but it has brought attention to wrestling since so many former wrestlers have transitioned to MMA and are successful. The fact that ESPN was willing to air wrestling on their channels for 3 days and especially on primetime speaks volumes about the popularity of the sport and how it's growing. That being said, I'm sure they would have rather had basketball on if they held the contract for it...

As I followed both events from Thursday to Saturday I thought the same thing. When the contract for March Basketball comes up I would think ESPN will be in the bidding for it, but another network like NBC Sports or Fox Sports or someone would no doubt pick up wrestling, with the amount of MMA stars who were college wrestlers it is becoming more and more popular and would be a bargain for a lower level network.

As a Pennsylvanian and former college wrestler this tournament was unreal to watch. The Joesph- IMar match was obviously my favorite also. IMar will hopefully loose some of his arrogance too since he was humbled by a redshirt freshman. The whole tournament was unbelievable as far as the talent from all the kids. Zane Rutherford is absolutely the most ruthless wrestler I have ever seen!

I drank a lot of beer with a scholarship wrestler in college. Hell of a nice guy, but never saw him wrestle.

The total extent of my wrestling knowledge. He was always paranoid about making weight.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back