Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Name:  1497323793684-1953903947.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  45.4 KB

I received my postcard today for the Lanai Mouflon muzzleloader season.

Congrats and good luck.

I received a rifle tag yesterday.

I hope mine is in the mail today....

Well I was beginning to worry that I was an unlucky person with draws. I received my first sheep tag in the mail today. I was drawn for the rifle hunt weekend of Oct 14th which just so happens to also be my birthday. Happy Birthday to me I guess.

Now you can get your airfare booked and start planning trip dates.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshunting View Post
    Now you can get your airfare booked and start planning trip dates.
    Yes sir I am checking them now excited about the opportunity to visit Hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by brownbear932008 View Post
    Yes sir I am checking them now excited about the opportunity to visit Hawaii
    You will most likely be flying to Kahului airport on Maui. Take the shuttle from there to Lahaina Harbor and catch the ferry to Lanai.
    http://go-lanai1.clickforward.com/fe...ry+trips+lanai

If you plan on spending a few days on Maui I can point you to some must see spots, some that are not advertised.

Plane tickets booked to Kahului and place reserved with Joe. Thanks again Breck I can't wait to get over there in Oct. I have a Newfie moose hunt planned in late Sept. Funny thing is I'm much more excited about the Lanai trip personally.

Here you go brymoore Hunting-2017.pdf
    Last edited by brownbear932008; 06-29-2017 at 07:05 PM.

Here you go brymoore Hunting-2017.pdf

I see they've gone up on their prices.

Quote Originally Posted by glass eye View Post
    I see they've gone up on their prices.
    It appears they have glass eye. Kinda stinks but still worth the price I guess. The bow or muzzy price isn't to bad.

It appears they have glass eye. Kinda stinks but still worth the price I guess. The bow or muzzy price isn't to bad.
    Archery was $60 and is now $150

Muzzleloader was $75 and is now $150

Wow that is a large jump. Gonna keep a few people away and with the number of animals they have there not a good thing.

Tagged for later. I just followed a handful of hunters that shot a bunch of Axis on Instagram. The wife and I have our 15 year in 2018 so this may be something I do. We talked about going to Hawaii anyway.

My mouflon hunt is only one week away. I have started laying out my gear and will be taking the muzzleloader out for practice one last time tomorrow. I fly out to Maui on Wednesday. I have seen a few reports from the archery season that the numbers are down which make me a little nervous. I still need to find somewhere on Lani, or possibly Maui, to shoot my muzzleloader to make sure nothing got knocked off during the flights. I plan to take the ferry over to Lanai on Friday and get a half day of scouting before the short season opens. I have been looking at maps trying to determine which roads/trails will be accessible. I have also spoke with the Hawaii DLNR and received some suggestions of where to locate the sheep. If anyone that has hunted the island be and has any suggestion on hunting mouflon I would definitely appreciate a PM. I look forward to getting my feet on the ground and figure out how to hunt a new animal in a totally new environment.

Alwayshunting, Are you planning to make this a live hunt thread so we can follow along?

Good luck to you alwayshunting. I can't wait to see how you do over there. I still have a while to wait it out. Hopefully the numbers are good and you do well.

Very interested in the info in this thread. I'm a new Hawaii resident on Oahu for the next few years. I want to hunt all Hawaii has to offer! Hopefully get a Lanai axis deer and mouflon sheep tag for next year. for those who have hunted Lanai, does anyone have a good contact for a good taxidermist on the island? Also, getting the meat from lanai back to oahu. Tips? Just check a cooler with the airlines and pay the overweight fee?

Quote Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post
    Alwayshunting, Are you planning to make this a live hunt thread so we can follow along?
    Not so sure how live of a hunt thread it will be as I usually try to put away the phone while out hunting, but I will definitely be posting a followup report with pictures when I am done.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123