wyoming 74, 75, 83 with 4 PP

bb1379

im considering using my 4 PP on the NR special tag for one of these units. really leaning toward 75. ive never hunted that far west for antelope though. hunted mainly the areas around casper and north towards kaycee and down towards Laramie. this is going to be a solo hunt, no tag alongs. may camp, but will also consider lodging although from what ive read theres not much in the area. anyone have any experience with these units?

Be checking w/ local biologists on winter kill situation, but I hunted a nearby unit to 75 last fall and could see across into the 75 unit from a few lookouts. As someone on another forum told me, "so many antelope out there, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting one." Having hunted that area on a 4 PP Special tag in 2016 and comparing it to previous 0 PP hunts in other corners of the state, I'd concur. Awesome awesome hunt.

However, far too many antelope if you take a second and think rationally about it - hard to plan a stalk without being sabotaged/detoured multiple times. Darn it's fun though. We chased 3, maybe 4 goats, that were definitely 78"+ in 5 days, killed one - would have grossed north of 80" had he been symmetrical.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back