Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

What can you use to shoot

Goose75

Hi Randy

I am thinking this could be for one of you catch all podcasts. Now this might just be a quick blurb for it but I figured I would ask. You have talk about calibers and what they are good for. My question is about archery. I unfortunately am one of those people that doesn't have the time to practice enough with a vertical bow so I have never felt comfortable using one to hunt. So to extend my season I went to a crossbow for a couple of reasons, one being that you don't have to put practice as much to know if you are taking an ethical shot. So my question is to you is which states out west can I use a crossbow to hunt and for what type of game.

Thanks for you consideration on this topic
Chuck

In Idaho, a crossbow is legal for any weapon seasons, short range weapon seasons and archery seasons only if you are disabled.

In Colorado you can only use a crossbow during archery with a form signed by a doctor stating a disability in which you can't draw and hold a vertical bow and sent in to the state for approval. You also have to use open sights on it for archery season. During rifle seasons you can use a regular scoped crossbow with no issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back