Noob...kind of...from KS

FlintHillBilly

Hi All, kind of new to Hunt Talk, although I was on last year but forgot my password, and then inactivity I think led to needing to re-register. Have password in a safe place this time.

So this is my second Who am I....Love the forum and Hunt Talk Radio. Hope to find time to participate.

Love to bowhunt whitetails in my home state of KS, and am planning a muzzleloader mule deer hunt in CO 74 or 75 this year, perhaps every year. Maybe even bowhunt CO in time. Also going to do Wyoming pronghorn in a year or two.

Looking forward to being part of Hunt Talk. Thanks Randy and administrators.

Welcome back, grew up in south central KS but I'm now a resident of WY. Kansas will always have a reservation on my calendar during archery season when I can get back home, I make it down a few times a year to bird hunt as well. Have you looked into antelope hunting western KS?

That's great JLDemo. I go to a friend's family farm every year in SC KS for pheasant and bowhunt a bit while there. So much fun.

I've done a lot research of KS pronghorn, and just seems like such a small population. Haven't ruled it out though. You ever done it?

I haven't, when I lived in KS I usually had depleted my hunting funds during dove season buying enough ammo to continue to chase that elusive limit. Between that and whitetail gear, tags and so on I never gave antelope hunting much thought until I moved away. Now I'm in WY there thick up here and tasty, if you make it up here don't be afraid to holler. I'm headed down to KS (around Cowley/Chautauqua county) next week to scout a little and hope to find a new place to deer hunt since a new lease has taken over my previous spot. Turns out Wichita hunters have a lot more cash than I do!

Thanks Moretime. Good luck JLDemo! Need to find a lease around KC myself. Tough to do for sure. Will definitely give you a shout when comes time to figure out a pronghorn trip. Building a few points to open options up. I've been playing around with Onx maps here in KS, so can tackle the checkerboard, but if I can get into a unit with some larger tracts of public, I'll do it, especially for first trip.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back