MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Iditarod

Gellar

I know a few people around here follow the dogs! This year was a good one, Mitch Seavey beat his son 4 time champ Dallas in record time! I enjoy the traditional rout, but the Fairbanks start is fun because I have been in most of those villages for hunting or fishing and always recognize a few sights in the pictures.

Yeah, the old man must have been tired of Dallas beating him! We've met quite a few of the mushers and visited Jeff King's place a few years ago. In 2014 we went up and saw the start in Anchorage as well as the restart in Willow. Quite the spectacle.

Just picked my wife up at the airport this evening. She was working the Nenana and Galena check points during the race. -52 in Nenana her first night.

My mom and dad wee in ANC for the ceremony start, than fairbanks and Nenana and said it was very cold. They saw some great northern lights though!

Such a cool event. I'd like to see it in person sometime. Doubt my wife would join me in that level of cold...

Yea, this is a great event. I read an article numerous years ago about Lance Mackey (think it was S.I. or ESPN). This guy is one tough son a of a gun. I see he pulled out this year due to health reasons. Hopefully he can come back in 2017.

Have to say, the Seavy kid always seemed extremely arrogant to me, hell of a musher though

One year I saw it as a series on the Discovery channel or something. Enjoyed watching it, but haven't seen it again. Or else, I'm busy on another channel! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammerg
Back