MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

South East Montana - Custer National Forest

When I read the mission of fwp, it is blatantly obvious why they would make some of the decisions the do.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0SO...2014.pdf/RK=0/RS=d7bKYSv__4BVhvNiK8mKfBKzkic-

How would changing the 11 week season affect business and the overall montana economy? What would a business like a motel, gas station, or sporting goods store in region 7 think about cutting the tag quotas in half? I am not saying it's right or wrong, Just obvious.

I will leave this thread on this note, Montana is changing just as the place I grew up mule deer hunting did..be careful what you wish for.. you might end up with the same game population, less opportunity and a crappy relationship between the hunting community and the game agency. The people who actually care about game management might get tired of dealing with you and Jane Fonda might get the job because she has a bigger wallet than all of you.

quack, hilarious parable.

The problem lies not solely with Jane buying private lake and limiting access though.

If public lake were managed in a similar manner with access being limited, public lake would look eerily similar to private lake...and public lake would benefit from having an endless supply of ducks flying into it from private lake.

End the insanity of an unlimited 5 week rifle season.....

I know, lets go back in time and read a post I made a year or 3 ago.

The one where we end the 5 week rut encompassing rifle season, wind up with more opportunity and more license sales and less impact on the resource. What a friggin brilliant concept. Alas, were I king.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back