Savage Arms: Bad Company?

I'll make sure it gets asked a third time.....

Did you clean the rifle prior to using it? My rule of thumb is EVERY firearm I purchase gets cleaned by me prior to firing the first shot.

It seemed to me that you were assuming everyone here would be impressed with the tough guy approach when hunters as a whole on the message boards are always propping up companies with good customer service. There is a current thread about Leupold that is an example of just that. I don't know if Leupold would go the route they do if someone hit them with a letter like that. Maybe they just tell you to pound sand if the product is out of warranty like the examples in that thread. If I was a company and received a letter like that, I would probably do just enough to satisfy making the product work. I, as a person, would like the opportunity to make the situation taken care of without a letter like that. A letter would put me into an aggressive mind set.

Too many people want to go from 1 to 10 if they feel wronged, when going to 2 would probably have been all that was needed. Easier to go up by ones than to back off of 10 if you need to.

I hope they square you away.

Never ceases to amaze me how you can take a deep breath and stay on the high road. As much as I want to respond, I'm going to put my head down and follow your lead. When in doubt, go higher....

Yeah, I'm just calling them today. I've already written a letter that outlines the basic California contract law that pertains to the sale of a good that's not fit for the purpose for which it's sold and how the law applies to this particular set of facts. It's kind of frustrating, but also amazing what you can get product sellers to do when you have that kind of knowledge and information at your disposal. I was once asked in a somewhat similar situation for a defective product I returned, "Are you a lawyer?" And I said, "No, even worse; I'm a law student."

If this is the attitude of law students produced by California schools it does explain a lot of things......

I have 2 Savages both very accurate, never any problems with either of them. In saying that, a friend bought one and had similar problems with his, turned out he never cleaned the rifle prior to shooting it and secondly, turns out he was shooting reloads someone gave him that was neck sized and not resized properly. Once it was cleaned and got a box or 2 of factory ammo,all issues went away.

I had a problem with a fail to fire Savage Axis and they replaced the bolt that caused the problem and the stock because it didn't meet their specifications too. They turned it around quickly and didn't mention the shortened trigger spring that they could have used as an excuse not to do the warranty work.

It couldn't have gone smoother and I didn't have to be a huge jerk to get good service.

I am not a huge Savage fan and do think the Axis is a little rough with an awful trigger but they do really well and they stand behind their product, more lawyers in California is the last thing we need.

I totally forgot about this thread. Sorry (if anyone actually cares). Long story short: bad magazine, new magazine works great.

Success % in making mountain out molehill: 100.

But I will say that I never got any help from Savage on this. I called 3 days in a row and never got anything but a busy signal.

I totally forgot about this thread. Sorry (if anyone actually cares). Long story short: bad magazine, new magazine works great.

Success % in making mountain out molehill: 100.

But I will say that I never got any help from Savage on this. I called 3 days in a row and never got anything but a busy signal.

Glad you got it figured out. They have had a few issues with magazines over the years. I got a 10-fpc-sr in 6.5 creedmoor that the ten round mag that comes with it has to be inserted perfectly or it will fail to grab a round, but with the 3 round mag is feed flawlessly every time you insert it. Really sweet shooting gun FWIW.

Glad to see you got everything worked out. My wife is a manager of one of the big box retailers we have all learned to despise. She really does try to make sure anyone with problems leaves happy. The exception is when someone mentions lawyer or legal the conversation is over. At that point you have to deal with a legal team for everything. I always try nice and only get nasty if nice doesn't work. Only after nice and nasty fail to get the desired outcome. There are people out there that you have to get nasty with but you can be polite and still get stuff done. Like someone else stated when you start talking lawyers they do exactly what the minimum they are required by law. That isn't much and at that point they aren't worried about losing a customer.
Savage isn't my favorite company but just about every company that builds bolt guns has spent a lot of time designing rifles to mimic the savage and they all have problems as well.

Exactly ericsplls. I worked retail for a spell after hours to help a friend in his sporting goods store. I wasn't going to chime in here, but opoponax was just the type of customer I dreaded coming thru the door. And
as soon as they ceased being civil or went with legal threats the conversation was over. the owner was totally ok with it and was glad I was the filter on that. Interestingly, the other customers who were standing there watching
any of these folks go off agreed. Retail is a hard way to earn a living

My Model 16 lightweight hunter in 7-08 is fugly but shoots the lights out with about anything I've run through it. No complaints here.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back