Mystery ranch metcalf

brockel

Looking at picking up a new pack this year and ive decided on the mystery ranch Metcalf. Where online can you order one that's instock other than off of mystery ranches website?

Any thoughts on the fact that they're now being manufactured in Philippines/Vietnam? I've been researching packs and was settling on the Metcalf until I saw they aren't made in the US. I'd rather pay a little more for a pack made here. I'd like to think the quality will be the same, but I'm definitely having second thoughts.

Any thoughts on the fact that they're now being manufactured in Philippines/Vietnam? I've been researching packs and was settling on the Metcalf until I saw they aren't made in the US. I'd rather pay a little more for a pack made here. I'd like to think the quality will be the same, but I'm definitely having second thoughts.

This was my dilemma as well. Liked the metcalf, but ended up getting an EXO 3500. Made in USA

I faced the same decision last year. Went with a Kifaru. Frame and bags are sold separately saving you money later if you need a larger or smaller pack you don't have another frame to buy. They are built to order for you with lots of custom options. Great service. Made in USA.

You are voting with your wallet.

This was my dilemma as well. Liked the metcalf, but ended up getting an EXO 3500. Made in USA

That's why I just ordered Kifaru for my dad. Military packs by Mystery Ranch are still made in USA. This includes the crewcab which has been an awesome pack for me, just not what I was looking for for my dad.

I received a new Mystery Ranch Pintler pack a couple of weeks ago. Being a design engineer I am a little sensitive to product construction. The pack I received came from over seas. The construction on my pack leaves nothing to be desired. The stitching is tight, evenly placed, and in the proper locations. I have no worries about the quality of this pack. Would I prefer it to be made in the United States? Yes I would, but this pack had all the features that I was looking for. If you go to the Mystery Ranch web site they have job posting for commercial sewers. I think they had to go over seas just to meet production demand.

I received a new Mystery Ranch Pintler pack a couple of weeks ago. Being a design engineer I am a little sensitive to product construction. The pack I received came from over seas. The construction on my pack leaves nothing to be desired. The stitching is tight, evenly placed, and in the proper locations. I have no worries about the quality of this pack. Would I prefer it to be made in the United States? Yes I would, but this pack had all the features that I was looking for. If you go to the Mystery Ranch web site they have job posting for commercial sewers. I think they had to go over seas just to meet production demand.

I'll echo this. My new Marshall (from Schnees, BTW) is very high quality.

Just picked up the MR Metcalf yesterday at Scheels in Fargo. Haven't put it to use yet of course but it's by far the nicest pack that's ever been on my back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back