Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

It's my birthday, and I'm going fishing

406LIFE

For the past 8 years I always go fishing on my birthday. Sometimes that's found me on lake in North Carolina, or on the Niagara River in Buffalo, NY. Today I will be on Rock Creek just outside Philipsburg, MT. The weather is a balmy 35 and will peak at 41 around 4pm. I will of course throw some dryflies because I am an unapologetic dryfly snob, but I will likely switch over to a nymph just to catch a fish. My wife is joining me, under protest, since she doesn't like the cold (Alabama belle). However, she relented when I played the birthday card.

I am very blessed to be able to call Montana my home. I am very blessed to be able to jump into a world-class water whenever I please. I am simply blessed.

Happy birthday! Yes you are blessed to live in Montana. I'll be up there at our place in mid April.

I saw a couple fish rising yesterday on the Blackfoot, including one that ate my bobber. Hope you have a great birthday and catch a fish or two.

Have a good one!
I was fishing there last November, had some great sport near the Big Horn bed breakfast place, some nice fish there.
Cheers
Richard

Nice afternoon, saw some little brown stones hatching and was able to get some action. Not a ton, but better than I expected on a March day.
HT.JPG

Back