Caribou Gear Tarp

Greetings from Tennessee

jwilkstn

I guess it's past time I introduced myself since I joined more than a year ago, but there's no time like the present. I'm a long-time lurker who finally signed up several months ago, and now stepping out of the shadows to speak up.

I'm from southern middle TN on the edge of the Cumberland Plateau where I hunt most often. It's not the Rockies, but is fairly rugged in its own right. I mostly pursue deer, turkeys, and squirrels and have been blessed in the 20 or so years I've done so. I'm 33 now and have been obsessed with western big game hunting since Fresh Tracks and MeatEater showed up on the Sportsman's Channel. My out of state ventures thus far have all been turkey hunts and were to Alabama, Nebraska, and Kansas. This fall I will be in Wyoming looking for pronghorn, and God willing, I'll be bowhunting elk next year.

I'm passionate about wildlife and wild places, and actively try to influence others in my neck of the woods on such issues as public land transfer. I'm a member of BHA, the NWTF, and most recently the RMEF.

I've learned a ton from all of you who contribute to this resource, and I am mostly making this post to say Thank You. Thank You to Randy, and all of you for sharing your hard earned knowledge and experience, and occasional BS lol. I look forward to helping others myself as I gain western hunting experience.

Jason

Welcome. Been getting some TN additions to the forum of late. Do you still have the 5 elk tags for the eastern part of the state?

It's pretty much all I hunt. Primarily turkey and a little deer hunting around here.

Last edited:
It's pretty much all I hunt. Primarily turkey and a little deer hunting around here.

Cool. Hopefully I'll meet you one day with both of us carrying a longbeard over our shoulders back toward the trucks.

Were you at the BHA pint night event on the 1st?
I've been to each of the ones last fall and this month and look forward to an official state chapter here.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back