Default Greetings from Tennessee

I guess it's past time I introduced myself since I joined more than a year ago, but there's no time like the present. I'm a long-time lurker who finally signed up several months ago, and now stepping out of the shadows to speak up.

I'm from southern middle TN on the edge of the Cumberland Plateau where I hunt most often. It's not the Rockies, but is fairly rugged in its own right. I mostly pursue deer, turkeys, and squirrels and have been blessed in the 20 or so years I've done so. I'm 33 now and have been obsessed with western big game hunting since Fresh Tracks and MeatEater showed up on the Sportsman's Channel. My out of state ventures thus far have all been turkey hunts and were to Alabama, Nebraska, and Kansas. This fall I will be in Wyoming looking for pronghorn, and God willing, I'll be bowhunting elk next year.

I'm passionate about wildlife and wild places, and actively try to influence others in my neck of the woods on such issues as public land transfer. I'm a member of BHA, the NWTF, and most recently the RMEF.

I've learned a ton from all of you who contribute to this resource, and I am mostly making this post to say Thank You. Thank You to Randy, and all of you for sharing your hard earned knowledge and experience, and occasional BS lol. I look forward to helping others myself as I gain western hunting experience.

Jason

Welcome!! You're in the right place to learn a few things
    I'm an addict...archery, rifles, shotguns, handguns, muzzleloaders, hunting, fishing, fly fishing..and I don't want rehab

CWEH...Colorado's Worst Elk Hunter 2007-2017 (but I'm still damned sexy) 10 years of consistency!!

Welcome. Been getting some TN additions to the forum of late. Do you still have the 5 elk tags for the eastern part of the state?
    "There are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm." ~TR

"He was a mighty hunter before the Lord." ~Genesis 10:9

Welcome aboard.
    You can't get lost if you don't care where you are going.

Welcome aboard. How close were the wild fires from where you live?
    Self proclaimed Founder, President, and Spiritual Leader of the I.S.V.F......Introduce Speedgoats to Virginia Foundation

Welcome from East Tennessee. Glad you found us.

Welcome from the western part of the state as well.
    HD

Quote Originally Posted by 406LIFE View Post
    Welcome. Been getting some TN additions to the forum of late. Do you still have the 5 elk tags for the eastern part of the state?
    Sure do. The herd is stable and slowly growing

Quote Originally Posted by VAspeedgoat View Post
    Welcome aboard. How close were the wild fires from where you live?
    We had a small one 8-10 miles from me, but the ones that got all the publicity were a couple hundred miles away in the Smokies.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. Good to see we have some Tennessee guys on here.

Welcome from Iowa

welcome from PA!

Thanks guys

Welcome! It doesn't sound like I am too far away from you. I'm about 35 minutes southeast of Murfreesboro.

Quote Originally Posted by holmesac89 View Post
    Welcome! It doesn't sound like I am too far away from you. I'm about 35 minutes southeast of Murfreesboro.

Yeah I'm an hour SE of Murfreesboro.
    You hunt any local public land?

It's pretty much all I hunt. Primarily turkey and a little deer hunting around here.
    Last edited by holmesac89; 03-20-2017 at 05:43 PM.

Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by holmesac89 View Post
    It's pretty much all I hunt. Primarily turkey and a little deer hunting around here.
    Cool. Hopefully I'll meet you one day with both of us carrying a longbeard over our shoulders back toward the trucks.

Were you at the BHA pint night event on the 1st?
    I've been to each of the ones last fall and this month and look forward to an official state chapter here.

Last edited by jwilkstn; 03-20-2017 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Duplicate post

Yes, I was there. It was my first event. It was nice to meet everyone. Can't wait to do it again.

Welcome to another volunteer. While I live in AZ, I have many friends in Tennessee and have hunted turkeys south of Jackson and in the Land Between the Lakes. Its to involved to delve into deeply, but by a strange set of circumstances, I've been appointed a Tennessee Colonel by one of your previous governors, Don Sundquist. That and 6-8 bucks will get me a Starbucks. Welcome aboard. GJ
    Last edited by grandejuan; 03-21-2017 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grandejuan View Post
    Welcome to another volunteer. While I live in AZ, I have many friends in Tennessee and have hunted turkeys south of Jackson and in the Land Between the Lakes. Its to involved to delve into deeply, but by a strange set of circumstances, I've been appointed a Tennessee Colonel by one of your previous governors, Don Sundquist. That and 6-8 bucks will get me a Starbucks. Welcome aboard. GJ
    Hahaha well I know who to call if I need someone with influence!