Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

WY Question

ida homer

A buddy and I want to apply for (2) antelope doe tags each in the initial drawing. We can only go if we can draw at least 3 tags (slim odds). Should we apply separately? As a party? How does it work there?

I've only ever applied for bucks there. Thank you for any input and good luck in the draws everyone.

I'd apply separately for the doe tags then. But I'm curious why you need at least 3 tags?

Ok thanks. I skimmed through the regs but I couldn't find much.

In ID I can get rifle doe tags with much better draw odds but you can only get 1 each. No reason to drive that far to WY unless we can get at least 3. Main reason I want to go is to get a bunch of meat, learn our buck unit better and see if there are still some good bucks running around. I should pull my buck tag again in the next year or two.

Your only sure bet needing 3 tags, is to apply as a party and each person selects two tags from the drop down box. WY fills a party up to 6 tags. Do not apply separately if you require 3 tags. The downside to your requirement is it's an all or nothing setup.

I wouldn't get too excited to apply, you have plenty of time. Changes may be coming.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm gonna wait a while to see what happens. So apply as a party, and in all 4 of the drop down boxes (2 hunters) just select the same unit?

First guy to apply is the "party organizer", == write down the party number ==, he then picks the unit choices and quantity. The next guy to apply picks "party member" and enters the party number. I believe he can choose 1 or 2 licenses, independently of the organizer.

The draw is open so you can work thru it to see how it works. Just don't submit the app at the end.

Thanks guys, just checked out that link.

Looks like they are responding quickly to the brutal winter in the western part of the state and even adding some tags in the eastern part.

The unit I was considering went from 250 in 2016 to 225 type 1 tags proposed in 2017. Not as big a proposed decrease as I had thought.

Well, nix that. I looked again and realized I was not looking at the latest version, which has the tags cut down to 175.

Last edited:
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back