Caribou Gear Tarp

Dji phantom 4 pro quadcopter with integrated fpv camera

My son in law sells land...drones are an effective marketing tool for him.

Minus the old fogeys on this forum!

If you're going to use a disparaging term, spelling is your friend.;)

Opinions.. Some people actually love using drones for hunting purposes..

Some, not a majority, which is why you are seeing more and more states ban them as it is an easy parallel to already in place local flight bans. Throw in the occasional nuisance issue like flying on a local forest fire causing a tanker to be delayed and it is likely usage will continue to be restricted as the technology expands.

They are super cool, used one extensively this weekend out at a buddies ranch, but detrimental to hunting.

As someone who has used both, in a state where both are legal, a trail camera is a WAY more effective scouting tool than a drone. In my opinion a nice spotting scope is probably better than either.

Anyone want to buy a slightly used drone? If you want to just skip to the end that is the exciting part. It was a little windy that day.

[video=youtube;WBDOHgGPIek]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBDOHgGPIek[/video]

$200 and it's yours. I have an extra battery for it even.

noharleyet,

I was referring to being illegal in hunting or scouting.

I can see useful purposes. Viewing a property for sale really makes sense.

That's a great idea! I usually scout out areas for game and potential advantage points :)

YouTube is your friend then I heard they added 8K support.. it's also against the law to shoot any kind of aircraft out of the sky, unmanned or manned.

I couldn't agree more! Some people see the benefits for using them, of course as long as operators aren't hindering performance of others.. I'm 100% in agreeance!! :)

What I think is hilarious is replying to pms via the thread where all you get is No...shoot higher...

I say Yes and shoot lower...maybe on the ground where you wouldn't be shooting it out of the sky(unmanned)...oh sorry, that's a target. I can get 20 for $5. So I guess it is a no then. That's my opinion...lol

The FAA regulates ALL airspace and is actively telling states and smaller communities that they are overstepping their authority if rules aren't first passed through the FAA for approval.

It is not the state's authority to dictate where bans will be placed. Only the FAA has the final say..

I fly in 20mph winds just fine, GPS keeps the unit very stable.. anything beyond that and I usually land the craft until they calm down. Trail camera's in combination with aerial footage make for better surveillance.. think about it SAR wouldn't use a trail cam if time was of the essence.. drones cover more ground.. helicopters cover even more, but unfortunately they are expensive.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back