Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Wyoming OTC Meat tags for Doe Antelope

Majja

I a here in SLC and was talking to a gentleman one day at the range last year that had mentioned he goes up to WY every year for a Doe prong horns and that they are mostly over the counter. I have been looking at the WY DNR website and have not been able to find much. I am interested in basically an OTC Doe tag or tags for the meat and would prefer to stay in the south western part of the state.

If any of you could point me towards some specific resources I would really appreciate it?

Majja

WY tag allocation is different this year than in the past. No more straight OTC tags. First drawing is main drawing for all the tags. Then second drawing is for leftovers, including the doe tags. If there are any leftover, they will be OTC. However WGFD does not anticipate there being any OTC this year.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov or call for more info.

I don't believe the draw has happened yet. Until it does the leftover OTC tags will not be available. You'll then be able to see what units have tags available and purchase one for around 30 dollars.

No true "OTC' antelope tags in Wyoming, all are on a quota and draw, with a few having leftovers each year.

I anticipate there being quite a few leftovers, even after the 2nd drawing, in areas that are predominately private. It could be that the fella you talked to has access to private ground lined up.

If you really want a tag, better apply, this year especially.

Thanks for the info I will get on it. It was last year before the elk hunt when I was talking to the guy.

OK looking at the map I would be trying to stay inside any of these units 58,58,94,95,96,99,100 and 112.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back