Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Kansas Wildfire Pics

Ttannahill14

as most of you probably know... we've been fighting wildfires out here in Kansas Oklahoma and Texas. I think across all states its taken 7 human lives and 1 million acres. In Clark County, KS more than 60% of the county has been destroyed by the fire. Millions of dollars in property damage and livestock deaths and with the wind dying down slightly yesterday and more today... looks like they may be able to get this thing under control.

I've attached a few pictures that have been popping up on Facebook... some are a little rough with livestock and wildlife burned and dead. Hope it doesn't offend anyone but I think it's a good reminder of the severity of wildfires and how quickly modern civilization can be caught in their paths.

I'm sure a lot of members on here are volunteer fire firefighters... appreciate what you do for rural communities. Prayers would be appreciated.

Fire1.jpgFire2.jpgFire3.jpgFire4.jpgFire5.jpgFire6.jpgFire7.jpgFire8.jpgFire9.jpg

Whoa! I knew it was bad, but have not seen any pictures until now. Thank you fire fighters for all you do.

Picking up the paper every morning it smells like smoke. Today was nearly as windless as it gets in Kansas. I believe huge headway was made in control and continued suppression of flare ups.

I am originally from Lubbock, TX and have been hearing a lot about it in Texas.....did not realize Kansas and Oklahoma were getting hammered too. Thanks for sharing the pics. Definite reminder of how quickly it can go to hell when the winds pick up out there.

That is crazy! What a terrible way to die for those animals and people caught in it. Is #6 a pic of a mountain lion?

I wondered about the lion as well. From Montana fires are a regular part of life, but the destruction is still shocking.

Makes me sick to see all the critters that cannot get out of the way. It will all come back in the end, but the destruction now is pretty terrible.

We burned 1,500 acres here a couple days ago, to get rid of cedar trees. Burns are good, unless they are out of control!

I've heard bunnies cry being burned up working as a wildland fire fighter out west, pretty heartbreaking stuff, especially when they are hiding under a burning bush because they can see you digging fire line.

I've also chased down mice that were on fire that ran across our fireline and stomped them out. Not the funnest day.

Back