Caribou Gear Tarp

Wyoming region F

Millsworks

Anyone done a deer hunt in the northwest area above sunlight during Oct. and if so what all kind of wildlife did you see? Much small game like rabbits,etc?
See many elk?

Thought about it a few times but never done it. Midwest friends had too many issues with grizzlies and couldn't talk them in to hunting there.

Yea a lot of grizzlies in that area thats where I elk hunt lot and have more grizzlies than I care to. But not a lot of small game that I have seen.

Nice to know I will have area mostly to my self sense, apparently most everyone is to afraid of the bears up there.
Must be some monster elk and muleys there since it is rarely hunted.

+2 for this Midwest guy not wanting anything to do with Griz. Ever seen the video of Fred Eichler getting charged on Youtube? It'll give you goose pimples.

Nice to know I will have area mostly to my self sense, apparently most everyone is to afraid of the bears up there.
Must be some monster elk and muleys there since it is rarely hunted.

Might rethink that conclusion. Plenty of hunters trying to get tags where the hunting is good, bears or no bears.

How many points is it to draw? I'm looking for somewhere for my deer points next year, but I'm so unfamiilar with deer there since I've only hunted antelope up there.

Last I checked they were available as leftovers. It's been a few years since the mutts around Yellowstone ate themselves out of house and home and I hear things are starting to improve. Tags might not be over the counter anymore because of this. You a slow runner John? :D. I could be talked into hunting there for deer.

I've wanted to hunt there for awhile.. haven't been leftovers since the creation of X though, and don't want to burn points on it.

Last I checked they were available as leftovers. It's been a few years since the mutts around Yellowstone ate themselves out of house and home and I hear things are starting to improve. Tags might not be over the counter anymore because of this. You a slow runner John? :D. I could be talked into hunting there for deer.

I'm kinda fat with a shot assed knee from 4 surgeries, but I shoot good :cool:

Region F deer tag has had over 90% success in drawing with zero points for a few years now and practically garenteed with 1 point. Huge area to hunt with about half wilderness ,but lots of national Forest to hunt still for non residents like myself. From what I've read there is generally low deer density and plenty of the grizzlys everyone is so scared of. I'm sure this is what makes the tags easier to draw. Even for non residents like me that don't have anything against a little adventure and risk .
Life's short and I'll sure be there this fall!
Thanks to all you guys that steer clear of that area because of bears and to the guys that are heading there anyway
Bears or not I'll see ya in the fall! Good luck in the draw.

Hunting low density deer in big mountain country mostly in dense timber is hard. Most people prefer hunting mule deer in more open country. That's why there is a low demand for this tag. Good luck with your hunt, it should be a blast.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back