What broadhead do you use?

Muzzy 3 blade 125grain. Just as accurate and lethal compared to broadheads that cost twice as much.

I have tried a few different fixed blade and expandables over the last 20 years - some worked well and some not so well. For the last several years I've been using Muzzy 3-blade, 100 grain and have killed a lot of deer, turkeys, and a bear with them. I like the trocar tip, replaceable blades, and the price for a new set of 6 or just replaceable blades is reasonable. I have no reason to try anything different and will probably shoot Muzzy's as long as I can bow hunt which is hopefully another 25+ years.

Slick Trick Magnum 100gr as my primary and G5 Striker 100gr as a backup. I like them both. Both fly great, both are solid ferrule with a locked in blade design and both have replaceable blades.

I prefer the wound channel of the 4-blade. Both are stout heads that have proven themselves. A head I would consider is the QAD Exodus, but I've never tried it.

Rage and I have been using them way back. I think they were Sonoran broadheads when I bought my first ones. However I will need to change with my first archery elk hunting trip in Wyoming this fall. I am very interested in watching the replies.

G5 Striker 100, have killed quite a few animals now with them including a Moose in January...

My favorite was the Tekken II's but G5 quit making them. They fly true (flew true) and did good things on the business end. I took 2 elk, a white tail and an antelope with them.

So in their absence I'm going back to either Muzzeys - 100 grain 4 blade. But I also have some Steelheads I want to try. I've also shot about a dozen deer and an antelope with 100 grn spitfires too. They are fine for deer-sized game but I'd be reluctant to shoot an elk with them. They fly great but don't penetrate all that well. At least not in my experience.

I use the original muzzy 100 grain 3 blades...a couple years ago I tried to fix something that wasn't broken and shot a mechanical broadhead, lost a deer and recovered the broadhead with one of the blades broken off, switched back to muzzys and I've been happy ever since!

I have used so many and shot several whitetails with many. Muzzy 3 and 4 blade, montec, T3, few different Rages, etc. The ones that have performed best for me have been Slick tricks and montecs. I really like the 4 blade fixed broadheads. My slick tricks, with minimal rest adjustment shoot the same as field points.

Slick tricks for fixed and shot swhacker for expandable. I ALWAYS sharpen broadheads prior to use, even though they are sharp from factory. Both Slick tricks and swhackers have been great on elk for me.

100 grain rage for deer. I have not bow hunted elk, someday when I do I will go fixed blade for them.

I am another one who has not deviated from what has worked for decades. Muzzy 4 blades here. Only problem I have with them is it sometimes gets hard to find em so I stock up when I can.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back