Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

100g G5 Striker.

Only have 2 archery seasons under my belt but I'll shoot slick tricks till I die.

100 grain viper tricks for everything, just change arrows. FMJ for Elk, CE reds for deer and turkeys.

I use Rage Hypodermic +P's and love them. I use 100gr with a 50gr brass insert which provides an epic punch. Ive used them for deer, pig and elk and don't use anything else unless state regulations state so (i.e. Idaho). In that case I typically go Muzzy's. The best part about the Hypos is that they literally fly exactly like your field point. Since switching to them, it has been a dream with regard to tuning. The amount of headache that it takes to get fixed blades to fly well is completely gone with the Rage's. Plus, they dig an absolute trench through whatever they hit.

I just picked up some Ramcat Diamondbacks. Seem pretty slick.

Slick tricks

7. Default

G5 Montec's. 100 gr.

I like to tinker. Here is what I have used over the last 8 years since I have bow hunted hard.

Muzzy 100 grain. My 11 year old killed a 5 point with a Muzzy 75 grain shooting about 35lbs. He got a complete pass through.
    Slick trick 100
    Dirt Knap 100 -- I really like these for a fix blade. They have a lifetime warranty and come with a 25 grain collar.
    Magnus Black Hornet -- Similar to the DRT. Probably a little sturdier blade no collar.
    NAP Hellrazor
    NAP Killzone -- One of the best design mechanical
    Rage Hyperdermics
    G5 T3 -- Killed my biggest buck with this head. It didn't open. It is one I wouldn't use again.

I am sure there may be a few more in there. Honestly if they fly right and you put them where you are suppose to they all work.

9. Default

I too have tried most of the broadheads on the market. I stopped my search.

Wasp Drone for fixed blade
    Wasp Jakhammer for mechanical
    Sharpest blades out of the package, very affordable, and TOUGH! Watch the torture tests done by antler geeks

10. Default

I always use fixed blade; for turkey, usually Muzzy MX-3 100 grain and anything else; Boltcutter 150 grain broadheads on my 120 pound crossbow.

11. Default

I always use G5 Strikers. For close range hunts like Bear and Moose, I use the 1 1/2 inch magnums. For 40 - 70 yard hunting like like elk and deer, I use the 100 gn strikers. I feel that their QC is as good as anyone else. I have pushed these through shoulder blades, and have them hold together. The magnums leave amazing blood trails.

12. Default

Rage 100 grain. Leaves a very obvious blood trail.

Quote Originally Posted by SoTex View Post
    Rage 100 grain. Leaves a very obvious blood trail.
    I use Rage 3 blades for turkeys
    I'm an addict...archery, rifles, handguns, muzzleloaders, hunting, fishing, fly fishing..and I don't want rehab

CWEH...Colorado's Worst Elk Hunter 2007-2016 (but I'm still damned sexy)

Quote Originally Posted by traditionalhunter88 View Post
    I always use fixed blade; for turkey, usually Muzzy MX-3 100 grain and anything else; Boltcutter 150 grain broadheads on my 120 pound crossbow.
    I don't want to give you a hard time...but, with a username like that I wouldn't think you'd shoot a crossbow...

I have shot a lot of gobblers with a Vortex 2.75" for turkeys. I have also killed them with NAP FOC and Spitfires. The FOC is probably the best head overall but it is 170 grains and I like to streamline all my broadhead weights. I have considered adding a 50 gr and 20 gr GT FACT weight to my insert and switch to 100 gr. heads for deer and elk. That would make everything equal if I removed the 70 gr. insert weights for the FOC.

For deer I will be shooting the NAP Killzone 125 COC. Awesome head. I will shoot Wac em 4 blades for elk.

It's the internet.... Ed F

17. Default

I've shot a bunch of different ones. Usually end up shooting those made by slick trick.

Wac em 100 gr 3 blade

i use slick tricks. 100gr. magnums. before that the NAP 100gr. thunderheads. never tried to shoot expandable type broad heads. slick tricks work for me, always have, so i haven't seen a purpose to fix something that isn't broken. i know other hunters that use mechanicals, and almost every year those same people are always trying a different mechanical style head, for one reason or another.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123