Topic Idea: Mule Deer Conservation

samj123

Randy and Family,

I am loving listening to the podcast. I have really enjoyed the high quality guests and the broad range of topics discussed. The information shared is obviously only scratching the surface of the knowledge that your guests possess.

I am new to the forum and have only made a few posts but the feedback that I've had has really been great. I moved to Colorado nearly a year ago and have found myself really wanting to know more about Mule Deer. Especially the current threats to the conservation species. I know that their populations have been on decline for approximately 30 years. Recently there have been reports of whitetails spotted as far west as Glenwood Springs. That is a major concern because the additional competition will drive out the more sensitive mule deer species.

It would be great to hear from some of the authorities on the species, both in their conservation and their biology. Are whitetails really an invasive species in the Rocky Mountains? I was surprised to learn that the only over the counter deer tags you can get in Colorado are for White tail deer in about 20 GMU's.

Randy, it is obvious that you are incredibly passionate and sincere in your beliefs. Thank you for all that you do to champion public land usage, hunter conservation, and hunter responsibility!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back