Caribou Gear Tarp

Fixed Broad head opinions - Ramcat

X5 Slick Tricks 125 gr Mag. They are a strong broad head and fly very well. Also I think they are a better buy. If I remember correctly there are 4 to a pack and all the others have three to a pack.
Try several brands and find the one that makes you happy.
Dan

X5 Slick Tricks 125 gr Mag. They are a strong broad head and fly very well. Also I think they are a better buy. If I remember correctly there are 4 to a pack and all the others have three to a pack.
Try several brands and find the one that makes you happy.
Dan

They are 4 to a pack. Gives me one to practice and 3 in my quiver.

I've shot Slick Trick Standards, Shuttle T's and Wac Em's. Wac Em's fly the best for me, hands down. Not to mention I got 4 for the price of three in other brands.

I bought some Ramcats last year. They fly true to field points, but as others have said, they are not durable. While hiking through the Alabama briars one day during turkey season, I felt my bow catch on a briar and gently pulled it away. Later I inspected my arrows and found the tip of one of the blades was bent. The blades are so long they stick out of my quiver and one must have impaileded a briar and then bent when I pulled on it. I'm not sure it would have ruined a hunt, but I prefer not to have to baby my equipment. Switched to Slick Tricks.

2016 was my first season using RamCats, I have practiced out to 90 yards, best flying fixed blade I have tried. I killed a 6x6 bull this year, the broadhead went all the way through his chest, (broadside, did not break any ribs)and landed on the ground. Broadhead showed very little or no damage at all. I will be using them again this season.

One overlooked thing to consider is make sure whatever broadhead you choose pulls easily from your broadhead target. Muzzy Trocars were a bearcat for me to pull out of my broadhead target due to their slightly offset blades. Switched away from them for this reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back