PEAX Equipment

My son's first mule deer (2015)

rgrant2214

I could never draw a tag again while my two boys are living at home and I would have no problems with that. Watching my oldest take is first big game animal two years ago was probably one of the best memories I have ever had.

When we ran into this buck we were wading through snow and my youngest (9 at the time) was about 50 yards behind us with his head down, slipping and falling making more noise than you could ever imagine. When we saw the buck, he was about 200 yards away. He was staring at my youngest and meantime I'm trying to get my son's attention, but with his head down he couldn't see his crazy father throwing his arms around like a fool. Luckily the buck was more interested in the three does that were with him.

As you can see it all worked out and then worked out again last season when he harvested another nice muley. As stated earlier I could never draw a tag again while my boys are living at home, but leave it to my oldest who wants nothing more for me to draw. He is a very selfless young man.

IMG_1281.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1281.jpg
    IMG_1281.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 654
Great experience to have with your sons! Some of my most memorable hunts were when my daughters were with me whether they were hunting or not.

Lefty, prior to that hunt, my oldest had been on two mule deer hunts with me and after the first one he was addicted. That was my youngests first hunt he had ever been on and I couldn't be more happier that he finally gets to put in tags this year.

Thanks for the kind remarks Festus.

Awesome pics, love to see the kids and their animals. In my home state I mostly archery hunt and hunt for a big buck because I have 3 boys that love to hunt. My oldest will hopefully if he keeps his grades up chase antelope or mulies this year. Love hunting with my kids, that's also how I was raised hunting with my dad and still get that opportunity. Cherish every moment.

Noharley, you are right it doesn't get any better.

7mm, my dad was a fisherman and taught me everything I know about fishing. When he passed in 2009 I told myself I wanted to be like him and teach my boys everything I know about fishing and hunting. Good luck on your hunts this year.

Thanks duckhunt

Good looking buck and an awesome picture. You're right to be very proud of those young men!

Love these pictures and stories. My only regret is that I didn't get my kids (and myself) out west sooner. The WT hunting was great when they were young but we have had some awesome adventures out west. keep doing it every chance you get! Well done team!

Fantastic! Love seeing pics of the youngens having a great time in the out of doors, holding an animal or not!

Awesome, congrats to you and your boy! I can't wait until my son is hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back