second Wyoming deer tag

Alpineman

I am elk hunting in Wyoming this September (I drew my tag) and as it is a long way for me to travel back and forth I was wanting to try to hunt both Whitetail and Mule deer. I have a bunch of preference points which I will use if I really have to, but I would rather keep my points and try to draw region W as a second choice. Where I am located I cannot access the statistics on the G & F website so I wanted to know if I can do that? I am prepared to buy the special if this will help.
My second question is I want to try to buy a leftover area 23 -3 whitetail tag can anyone tell me if that is a probability?

A no on Region W. The only Region tags that can be drawn on 2nd or 3rd choice are, A, F (Very low odds), J, M, T, and X.

There were leftover 23-3 but, there are only 5 tags total, and there will be a leftover drawing this year. Curious if you are looking at that tag why not look at a Region A deer tag? There will be leftovers of those so you could apply for the 23-3 with your second choice and get a leftover Region A in the leftover draw?

A no on Region W. The only Region tags that can be drawn on 2nd or 3rd choice are, A, F (Very low odds), J, M, T, and X.

There were leftover 23-3 but, there are only 5 tags total, and there will be a leftover drawing this year. Curious if you are looking at that tag why not look at a Region A deer tag? There will be leftovers of those so you could apply for the 23-3 with your second choice and get a leftover Region A in the leftover draw?

No, I have private property to hunt on in W and private for whitetail in 23. That's the reasons.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back