Default EP052: Hunt Talkers Take Over the Podcast

If you have not already done so, you might want to listen to the most recent podcast that went live today. It includes three Hunt Talkers; Oak, JR, and Dinkshooter.

It was a ton of fun to talk with three guys who "walk the walk" in a huge way. Thanks guys. Appreciate you taking the time.

Listening options are below.

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run outta health before you run outta money."

Having a real hard time hearing anything, must be all the hot air.

"I'll put some whiskey into my whiskey"

Haven't listened to it yet, but wouldn't be surprised if Dinkshooter through out his "Eastern Tenderfoot" term.

Good stuff gentlemen. Thanks for fighting the good fight
    "All America lies at the end of the wilderness road, and our past is not a dead past, but still lives in us. Our forefathers had civilization inside themselves, the wild outside. We live in the civilization they created, but within us the wilderness still lingers. What they dreamed, we live, and what they lived, we dream" ~Thomas K. Whipple~

I just listened to it & enjoyed it. Got a few good laughs on the way. Still trying to put voices to faces known & unknown.

Really liked your end topic of involvement in Public Lands issues,and involvement,commitment & the cost.
    I try and stay involved in these issues & other issues connected here in my adopted home of NM. Taking a stand,making comments & having a big RMEF "Hunting is Conservation", HT ,BHA stickers on my trucks are my increased involvement lately. My attitude is identical to BF's statement of stance.
    I'm old ,grey,not quite done yet and the line in the sand has been drawn. I will defend it.
    Where I live 90% of the income & jobs comes from,on ,around,and or due to these public lands.
    Yet these NM old school ranching,old boys click,wink,wink we always doned it this way attitude will bite them in the ass. One way or another.
    I had been very active in many of these issues over the years. Was on boards ,peer review teams,habitat restoration projects,Congressional meetings and so on.
    Turns out retiring & moving to NM to become a silent hermit was not in the cards. I think my Congressman(persons?) & the heads of G&F dept.s cringe when they hear I'm calling.

Enjoyed the podcast.
    I work so I can hunt

Mom was from northern Minnesota just south of Big Falls and while I never lived there some how I picked up the short hand of "doncha know" which is "you know". I never noticed how much I say it until listening to the podcast. LOL
    Four of a kind, 7x57, 284 winchester, 7 Remington Mag, 7 Mashburn.

I was really hoping to hear some CSEH stories. Great job fellas you all did a bang up job.

I thought dinkshooter would have a more manly voice u

So, was Spitz yanking Dink's chain?
    “The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.” - Jack London

11. Default

anyone care to post that famous Hunt Talk Forum picture they were laughing about?

I would like to see this famed picture as well.

Really liked hearing this podcast. Good to put voices to some handles from people doing good stuff.

I heard the Elkhorns Bighorn Sheep fiasco mentioned. Last year I saw a lamb in the Elkhorns, and have seen pictures of others on FB. Still a few remnants hanging out in that area.
    If you have lived a life that has thrown you in contact many times with nature, you have already discovered that sometimes you can deal with nature only by allowing it to push back what until now you and others thought were its edges. - Norman Maclean

Let us know how the Arizona Bull draw works out. Interested.
    Teams-LLTB

Hard Works Pays Off.

New to DIY Public Hunting(not new to hunting though) in Utah, Nevada, Montana, Wyoming, & Idaho.
    Any information your willing to share, I'm all ears.

Name:  P1010536.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  81.1 KB
    Four of a kind, 7x57, 284 winchester, 7 Remington Mag, 7 Mashburn.

LOL! I was going to look for that pic some time this weekend
    Teams-LLTB

Hard Works Pays Off.

New to DIY Public Hunting(not new to hunting though) in Utah, Nevada, Montana, Wyoming, & Idaho.
    Any information your willing to share, I'm all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaHunter View Post
    ^this ???

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaHunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teamhoyt View Post
    ^this ???
    Spitz will pay dearly someday for his "humor".
    Colorado's Sexiest Elk Hunter 2009-2015
    And Squirrel's super secret man crush
    SSSMC-2016

Quote Originally Posted by recon6036 View Post
    Haven't listened to it yet, but wouldn't be surprised if Dinkshooter through out his "Eastern Tenderfoot" term.
    I'm disappointed in myself for not bringing them up

They make me smile
    Colorado's Sexiest Elk Hunter 2009-2015
    And Squirrel's super secret man crush
    SSSMC-2016

Did you get your Elk sheds back??

I think you guys should get a regular guest gig going on the podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkshooter View Post
    I'm disappointed in myself for not bringing them up

They make me smile
    Next time !!!!

Great Podcast guys. Unfortunately/fortunately Dink didn't win the floor credit drawing. I'm just too immature to pass up the chance to get a rise out of him. Also, Dink's wife requested the deer shed kid-napping so that she would get her side of the bed back. It was a short, but unforgettable period that I got to bask in their glory.

Never mind. Found what I was looking for.
    Last edited by Colberjs; 03-19-2017 at 11:27 AM.