Hi From California

Opoponax

I suppose this is where I should introduce myself. So hi to all. I'm currently living in SoCal, but I'm moving up to the Central Coast in August after the California State Bar exam. In between the time I'm done with that and when I get the results, I'll be able to do some hog hunting and hopefully get a buck in the fall. And if I can find someone to go with me bear hunting, I'd like to do that too. Hogs and deer, I look forward to doing alone; bears, well, that seems like a really bad idea to do solo and without some serious experience.

I did some small game hunting when I was a kid, but it just kind of went away for some reason (that's life in the L.A. suburbs I guess). Now, all these years later (my second career is law--I'm 47), I want to start again. It may have to do with being cooped up either in my house or the library for the last three years, and realizing that time is running short. Being so inside, so focused, so much in the same confining environment has given me the desire to get out and really see this country, with hunting being the facilitator. And Randy's show has been a real inspiration to me, so I sincerely thank him for that.

I do have experience with firearms in that I was in the Army when I was younger, and I did some land nav, both day and night (light 12 Bravo). But it's been awhile and I think, among other things, I'm going to take a navigation course and re-familiarize myself with the good old fashion map and compass. Yes, I do know there are GPS's and I will certainly get one, but batteries can die, machines can fail, etc.

Anyway, I've gone on long enough. If you got this far, thanks for reading. If not, I don't blame you. :)

Howdy & welcome from NM.

Spent most of my life on the CCCoast.
Deer, pigs ,turkeys,bears,quail,elk & fishing there.
My avatar is a tule cow on the Carrizo Plains area ranch of a buddy.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome. And when I move I'll get ahold of you guys that have extended an invitation. Thanks so much, I really appreciate that. :)

Welcome from SoCal. I'm a law student here also. A 1L. Coming from Montana has been rough, hunting options are slimmer.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back