Technical question: Can you turn the volume up?

PoWdA

First of all, I absolutely love the podcast. The content is amazing. The only thing I can say is that the volume is pretty low. I listen to other podcasts as well, but when I switch to Hunt Talk, I have to crank the volume. This is super evident when I am listening to Hunt Talk, an episode ends, and I go to another podcast and sound comes blaring out at me because I had my volume cranked for Hunt Talk.

Also, I have noticed sometimes the levels are way off. As in, Randy's voice will be super loud but I can hardly hear a guest. A few weeks ago my son and I were on the road to hunt, fish, and camp and the little guy (8-years old) was sleeping. I had the volume up for Randy's guest but when Randy spoke the sound was so loud I would have to turn it down to not wake up my son, then turn it back up to hear the guest.

I am not hard of hearing, this is one thing I definitely notice about the podcast. It seems to be much quieter than everything else I listen to, and I thought I would mention it. I do believe the sound was great on the first few episodes and the episode where ZPZ stopped producing the show is when the volume seemed to be super low all of the sudden. I am only on episode 27 or so (listening oldest to newest) so if this has been fixed in a later episode, please ignore this.

So, any chance you can crank it up a bit and try to level out mics for each person on the podcast? Also, mention this post on the podcast. My son would love it :p

Keep up the fantastic work Randy and crew!

Danny (and his 8-year old son, Evan) - Lakewood, CO

Do us a favor and listen to one of the more recent ones and tell us if you are still noticing some volume issues. I believe we've fixed the issue since then, but I like having more verification.

Do us a favor and listen to one of the more recent ones and tell us if you are still noticing some volume issues. I believe we've fixed the issue since then, but I like having more verification.

Will do. I just wrapped up the episode with the sitka guys. I'll jump ahead and see if it is better. Thanks!

On my iPad the upgraded microphones and attention to volume issues have made the last dozen or so episode so much easier to listen to and enjoy. I most certainly do not miss the hissing and sporadic popping noises of the early episodes.

On my iPad the upgraded microphones and attention to volume issues have made the last dozen or so episode so much easier to listen to and enjoy. I most certainly do not miss the hissing and sporadic popping noises of the early episodes.

My experience is the same ^^ with an android phone.

To the OP, I use Podcast addict on my phone and it does have a 'volume boost' option that was nice for the earlier episodes of HT. There is also 'skip silence' and 'equalizer' settings, although I haven't tried them. Not needed on later episodes - they sound great.
I do speed them up to 1.3 or 1.5x.

I listened to a newer episode. MUCH better. Thanks for the response!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back