Caribou Gear Tarp

Zinke confirmed

If he's truly talking about full auto: " I support no further gun restrictions and only want to enforce existing law" would suffice. Since the permit process/tax stamp whatever the heck else you have to do to legally possess an automatic weapon is a de facto registry in its current form

I agree. I was pleasantly surprised by Quist's perspectives on a number of subjects. His reasoning and thought process shows that he is open to learn, doesn't view himself as having all the answers, willing to ask questions and entertain other's perspectives and experiences. I was impressed.

Reasoning and thought process alone should get him elected you would think, but Montana voters also overwhelmingly supported Trump who to this day shows no signs of reasoning or a thought process. Hmmm, one can only hope we've wised up?

Quist has to win or the future for our public lands and the hunting heritage I've enjoyed for over 50 years will be but a memory, much sooner than l ever envisioned. But don't worry about GG, he will never have a problem finding a place to recreate and hunt and fish, your children and grandchildren might however.

It is this kind of hyperbole that makes one question the wisdom of some voters. The ONLY thing that will save public lands is Montana's single house seat? That should get a Forest Gump response. A Quist defeat and the land transfer begins, I guess. If that were true then you already lost.

Nemont

The ONLY thing that will save public lands is Montana's single house seat?
You make a good point with that question. However, consider that if Gianforte and Daines step up as our congressional delegates, support vocally in DC and vote the national party platform, then Utah and Montana, key federal public lands states, will have made a huge statement on behalf of PLT. I think you have to consider that a likely scenario if Gianforte is elected.
If Senator Daines would make a strong and clear statement about opposing the transfer and/or sale of federal public lands, then the concern would be different. As far as I know Daines has not been so forthright, has minced words, and thus I conclude that when it comes down to a vote ... Daines will vote the party line and will support PLT. If you can cite something that refutes that conclusion ... or better yet if you can convince him to publicly oppose PLT, please do so.

That isn't what I said. I said if the idea is that the election of Rob Quist is all that guarantees public lands stay public then we already lost. Care to explain how Rob Quist, who has never held political office, would enter into a chamber where he would be in the minority party and just his mere presence would be enough to deter the pro transfer crowd? Vote for Rob Quist if you believe he represents what you want in your Representative. I happen to think he is one of the good guys, isn't prone to being a politician and most likely would represent Montana in way most would like. I also think he would be not even a mere speed bump if the transfer train got cranked up given his single vote and the fact that he would be in the minority party. So before we ascribe super human and political power we may want first understand what we are really talking about. Making outlandish and simplistic statements doesn't further the debate along, in addition I suspect with the poster who made the claims, the Democrat party could run Charles Manson, the Republicans could run Jesus Christ and Charles Manson would get his vote every day and twice on Sunday.

As far as I can ascertain I have never heard Daines draw a line in the sand on PLT. I haven't looked but I cannot recall that such a statement has ever come from his mouth, still doesn't mean a Rob Quist defeat means complete and utter doom for my grand kids use of public lands.

Nemont

Last edited:
It is this kind of hyperbole that makes one question the wisdom of some voters. The ONLY thing that will save public lands is Montana's single house seat? That should get a Forest Gump response. A Quist defeat and the land transfer begins, I guess. If that were true then you already lost.

Nemont

It's already begun Nemont, not in that a bill is on Trumps desk and awaiting his signature but holy chit, how damn far down the PLT road are we willing to travel before we discover it's too damn late to turn this thing around? Does it all end with a Gianforte win?, maybe, maybe not, but I ain't willing to take that chance so for me you can bet your ass I'm looking at it that way. Admonish me for overstating the threat if that suits you and it's your opinion, but I respectfully disagree. The threats real and I think you know it, and for me at least there is no tomorrow.

You aren't rational. If you truly believe this then you have already lost. Like I said I like Rob Quist but if he loses, my world doesn't collapse. I didn't like Trump either and I really dislike Hillary but Wednesday November 9th the sun still came up.

Vote as wish just don't ascribe more power to a single politician then they are capable of delivering on. If PLT were going to happen Rob Quist wouldn't have the horse power to stop it.

Nemont

Not to wade into your Montana politics, but I would suggest that some "back east" politicians without strong leanings would defer to their Montana brethren on this issue, in exchange for similar consideration in the future.

Making sausage and such.....

I would suggest that some "back east" politicians without strong leanings would defer to their Montana brethren on this issue ...
That's all I was trying to say. I'm pretty sure both Daines and Gianforte would follow the party line and support PLT, thus bringing with them the "back east" politicians who presently have no real stance on the issue.

On the other hand, if both Senator Tester and Quist stood firm as Montana congressional delegates opposing PLT, it would be very difficult for Daines to do otherwise.

What proof do any of you have that Rob Quist is allergic to sausage making with people from "back east"? I never once said vote against Rob Quist, I never said Gianforte was The Man on the issues and I never said anything about party line.

Let's read some tea leaves here: in the most recent election in Nov. Zinke carried the day over his Democrat rival and it wasn't close. Trump carried the State by double digits, We know a couple of things: A. John Tester breathed a huge sigh of relief and was more than happy to vote for Zinke's confirmation, 2. Gianforte nearly unseated an incumbent Governor. So moving into the next phase in a state like Montana with Gianforte who has a machine built already, he has the list of name, donors etc, etc. Rob Quist is a political novice who is a very popular entertainer but will rely on the party for support and financing. Given the recent past election I am curious what people believe has changed?

So if the only thing keeping us from transfer is this single Montana seat in the House, then we have lost. We can what if it all day and make all kinds of stuff up about sausage making but if what is being said here is true the sausage is already made, it has been smoked and getting ready to be thrown on the Grill.

Nemont

Let's read some tea leaves here: in the most recent election in Nov. Zinke carried the day over his Democrat rival and it wasn't close. Trump carried the State by double digits, We know a couple of things: A. John Tester breathed a huge sigh of relief and was more than happy to vote for Zinke's confirmation, 2. Gianforte nearly unseated an incumbent Governor. So moving into the next phase in a state like Montana with Gianforte who has a machine built already, he has the list of name, donors etc, etc. Rob Quist is a political novice who is a very popular entertainer but will rely on the party for support and financing. Given the recent past election I am curious what people believe has changed?

I think the Democrats are hoping to ride the wave of buyers remorse and disgust that the chit show of a Trump Presidency has brought on so far and associate that with the R party. That and a more passionate public lands crowd.

Not at all saying I think it will work. My money would be on Gianforte for the win, though I am personally hoping otherwise.

You aren't rational. If you truly believe this then you have already lost. Like I said I like Rob Quist but if he loses, my world doesn't collapse. I didn't like Trump either and I really dislike Hillary but Wednesday November 9th the sun still came up.

Vote as wish just don't ascribe more power to a single politician then they are capable of delivering on. If PLT were going to happen Rob Quist wouldn't have the horse power to stop it.

I'm happy you like Mr. Quist so do I, but the Charles Manson comment, really? I should be insulted but I'm just a bit perplexed. Yep the sun will come up tomorrow, it will set in the evening and life will go on even if or when our public lands disappear, and whether Trump, Hillary, or (fill in the blank) is Pres., so all is good. You are correct in that no 1 person has the power to stop the PLT train but damn I thought collectively people had the power to make a difference whether through writing letters, making phone calls, voting, making donations etc. for whatever issue or cause we believe in? Your arguments, comments and rational are as confusing to me as mine seem to be to you, but I don't begrudge you for your opinion.
Also for your information when the D's become the party of deregulation, public land transfer and other issues I disagree with vehemently I will seriously consider other options.

So do you believe Rob Quist winning the election for Zinke's vacated House seat is your only chance to stop the PLT or not? Or is that you support him being your representative and not Gianforte. Why doesn't the collective letter writing and such have any affect on Gianforte or Daines? I guess I am too cynical and don't really believe that once in DC there is dimes bit of difference between which politician will sell me out and which won't. I just don't live in the world where Rob Quist would be my savior and Gianforte would make me give up hunting because his election meant my hunting spots have been sold.

support who you wish, just don't bestow upon them mythical powers.

Nemont

I am not as cynical as you and under no circumstance will I ever believe all politicians are the same. I'll support those who support those things I believe in. The chance of PLT becoming a reality are less likely if pro public land politicians are elected. No mythical powers.

I think the Democrats are hoping to ride the wave of buyers remorse and disgust that the chit show of a Trump Presidency has brought on so far and associate that with the R party.

They'll be hoping for a while, I haven't heard or read anything of substance that says the general voting population is remorseful at all...

They'll be hoping for a while, I haven't heard or read anything of substance that says the general voting population is remorseful at all...

I will be curious how they react to an actual title of a frickin bill at the congress.gov website - H.R.1275 - World's Greatest Healthcare Plan of 2017

This is not a joke and it is not April 1st.

I wonder if it has pictures?

See Dick get sick.
See Jane go to the hospital.

Last edited:
Trump said: "I could stand in the middle of 5th Ave and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any votes", sadly, that's probably true. If they're not remorseful yet I fail to see how they ever will be.

I will be curious how they react to an actual title of a frickin bill at the congress.gov website - H.R.1275 - World's Greatest Healthcare Plan of 2017

This is not a joke and it is not April 1st.

Kat

You do realize that the one being debated isn't the bill you Referenced, right? That is H.R.277 - American Health Care Reform Act of 2017

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/277

Rep. Session may be being too cute by half with his bill, the truth is that it is either the Ryan bill or no bill and it appears that as of today the No's have it. They have met the enemy and it is the Republicans.

Nemont

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back