.22 LR birdshot ammo

beagle001

Hey folks,

My grandpa asked me to find him some .22 birdshot ammo, and it seems to be "Out of Stock" everywhere... is this the new trendy ammo for hoarders?

Any clues on where to find it? He likes it for shooting squirrels off his bird feeders. I'm going to let him use my .410 but he'll need to be more careful so he doesn't blow up a feeder

yeah I'd say get him a pellet gun if he's still good with a rifle.

I'm not sure 22 birdshot is being made much these days...EDIT: I take that back several places have it in stock online. Sportsmans Guide, Cabelas are just a couple of the bigger names to have it

Last edited:
I was going to say, why would you ever buy the stuff. It sucks It won't put a hole in a paper plate at 20 yards. But if he's using it to just scare squirrels off his feeder it seems like the ticket.

That is just mean... be a bunch of blind squirrels out looking for that one acorn.

Around my area you can normally find it at Rural King. Same place as Big R...depending what part of the country you are in. It's deadly on frogs also.

Years ago I raised exotic pheasants and whenever I entered the very large aviary I was always packing a 9 shot .22 revolver loaded with shot shells to blast the wood rats that were consuming more feed than my birds.

Years ago I raised exotic pheasants and whenever I entered the very large aviary I was always packing a 9 shot .22 revolver loaded with shot shells to blast the wood rats that were consuming more feed than my birds.
I think you have better luck with a pistol over a rifled long-barrel, just my thoughts. I had some 22 shots shells when I was a kid and it was worthless out of my 10/22.

My timing must be impecable. I've been looking off and on for a couple months and they were out of stock everywhere I looked. Found them on Cabelas just now.
Thanks for the help.

My timing must be impecable. I've been looking off and on for a couple months and they were out of stock everywhere I looked. Found them on Cabelas just now.
Thanks for the help.

Beat me to it. Another guy on another forum was having the same trouble and I told him Cabelas.

Rat shot is exactly what I have used it for myself. What birds did you used to raise? I had golden and Lady Amherst pheasants.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back