New to the West

Aaron KS197

My name is Aaron I moved to Western Kanas three years ago from Michigan. I just recently came across this page and thought it would be a great way to me. Some of my goals are to learn how to hunt mule deer and elk. Is there anyone on here from western Kansas that does a lot of multi state hunting that could help get me pointed in the right direction.

I'm not from Kansas but welcome to the forum. Lots of great info to be had here.

Welcome,

From Kansas but recently moved to Wyoming, but I still frequent western KS bird hunting and chase the occasional whitetail! I'd be glad to help with any questions you have.

Where you at Aaron? I go pheasant hunting in the Sharon Springs (recently) to Goodland area since (since 2000)

I'm from all the way on the OK line in Liberal. Its about an hour from the Colorado and a mile to the OK line. I haven't been up by Sharon Springs but I hear they have decent mule deer hunting there. What part of Colorado are you from?

I'm from south central KS, love Wyoming. I do miss a lot of things about my home town but I can't see myself leaving Wyoming. From taxes to the big game hunting, a lot of positives are in favor of Wyo. There's some stellar mule deer in western KS!

I'm from all the way on the OK line in Liberal. Its about an hour from the Colorado and a mile to the OK line. I haven't been up by Sharon Springs but I hear they have decent mule deer hunting there. What part of Colorado are you from?

Colorado Springs

Deer, elk, antelope, pheasant, quail, dove, turkey, ducks & geese. Think that about covers it. In Colorado hunting pressure can be pretty intense on public land for anything anymore and getting that way on private as the population explodes. In western Kansas I ran across one other pheasant hunter south of Brewster. Have a buddy stationed at Ft Riley so this year we plan on hunting in Hays area so its half way for both of us

The pressure here was only bad the first two weeks of pheasant season but I did some of my best hunting in December. I want to build up to going on a elk hunt but I honest don't feel I am ready to take on that adventure just yet. I'm still in the learning stage. I have grown up just hunting whitetails in northern michigan and never had to worry about packing them out anywhere. I think my next adventure to build up to that would be mule deer or antelope. In the part of kansas I live in we have a huge hispanic population and hunting is not as big here. Do you do a lot of your hunting on your own or do you go with friends?

haha Whats wrong with Liberal? I don't mind it. The school pays me well and I can get a lot of good hunting done out there.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back