Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

SE montana questions from a group of first timers.

Blacktailer

Hello all! New memeber posting for the first time. A group of close friends and i are heading to se mt. This fall for our first time. We are heading to the town of baker. We have a house reserved to stay it for the week of the 14-21 of november. All family guys that can finally get away wether it be finacial or otherwise. We are driving 2 trucks over from our home state of washington, just a couple of quick questions. 1) as i do my "cyber scouting" with a gazatteer, gps, (with a mt chip) google earth, maps i notice that a lot of the land is labeled "bankhead-moore" as the owner on my mt 600 gps...after some more cyber time i have a brief knowledge of the bankhead moore act of 1937...now the money question, can it be hunted?
Also, if anyone cares to share in general about this area or anywhere within a couple hours drive, id be obliged. Many thanks in advance.

We refer to it as Bankhead Jones land. Not familiar with the Moore part. These lands are managed by the Bureau of Land Management. Access laws are identical to regular BLM lands. So to answer your question, Yes, you can hunt it if it has public access.

Break the Washington license plate stereo type and refrain from killing young bucks!!
Good luck and have fun. Your timing should be perfect and plenty of it to find mature bucks.

Break the Washington license plate stereo type and refrain from killing young bucks!!
Good luck and have fun. Your timing should be perfect and plenty of it to find mature bucks.

Cuz no Montana residents kill young bucks ...I say to each their own . Main thing is have fun and stay safe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back