Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Hunting magazine and their predator trifecta

Aaronmp

Finished reading an article in Petersen's Hunting magazine about attaining a Predator Trifecta as they called it. Numerous pictures of Eichler which was cool especially after the recent podcast. For those that didn't read the article the trifecta is a coyote, bobcat, and fox. There were also bonus predators of wolf, cougar, badger, and bear.

It was a great article and recommend the read to any predator hunters. After reading it I decided to make all seven a personal goal. I was wondering if any had gotten the tricecta or interest in it? Also if anyone had hunted badger?

I once got in a fight with a badger and knocked him out with a shovel. I'm not sure that's what you're looking for though.

Poke em is right, they are as ballsy as a 30 lb ermine.

Almost hit one coming out of the tall grass as I was jeeping once. I was going really slow and swerved hard to miss him then realized he was attacking, not just crossing the two track. He chased me twenty yards, not sure of his motivation me, jeep, dogs in back??? But he wasn't scared of any of us/all of us.

Spot and stalk over gopher towns would be an easy way to get one in about a month, short grass very visible and they emerge from winter with a blood lust, hunt hard all day long.

not sure if that is LEGAL by the way... I just like watching them dig 'em up!

Badgers are awesome. I know a old timer in Idaho who roped one and put it in a barrel. Let it go outside his pasture. That's catch-and-release.

I tried for a predator trifecta a few years ago. Mtn lion, Bear, wolf all in one year. I got the first 2 but the wolf eluded me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back